Inter Ordnance Model AK47C

Discussion in 'AK & SKS Discussion' started by SGT-MILLER, Nov 27, 2009.

1. SGT-MILLER

SGT-MILLER New Member

While I was visiting my parents during Thanksgiving, I stumbled upon this AK and purchased it. Those on this forum know that, typically, I'm not a super big fan of the AK, mainly because of the inferior accuracy when compared to an AR type rifle. One thing I have always liked is how reliable the AK design is. It will run, and run, and run, and run, and run. You cannot beat this rifle when it comes to SHTF reliability

Normally, I don't pay too much attention to AK rifles on sale because getting a used surplus AK with a used bore, and used parts for around the 400-600 dollars mark doesn't really excite my warm places. I purchased this AK because this is the first AK (in my experience) that is new and came with a Made In The USA sticker on it. I did some more research, and this company (Inter Ordnance) is advertising that the barrels, fire control, and most of the other parts are brand new (which they seem to be new after disassembly). They also advertise that their AKs will print out at around 2 inches at 100 yards with decent ammo.

Long story short, I went and researched alot of reviews, and they are generally very favorable, so I got this nice little piece for 490 dollars OTD. I am impressed with the fit and overall feel of the rifle, and the TAPCO furniture is a big improvement (I cannot stand warsaw pact length stocks...lol).

Eventually, I will purchase an AR to go with it (or maybe another AK variant if this one works out...lol).

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. VitSports6

VitSports6 New Member

Far out!
    Looks like a great rifle.

3. SGT-MILLER

SGT-MILLER New Member

Thanks.

I like what you did with your WASR. Let me know how that NC Scope works out for you.

4. IGETEVEN

IGETEVEN New Member

Congrats Miller on your new IO AK47. I like it and I have always been partial to them AK47's and do prefer them over an M16/M4 for my personal field use and their practicability. ;)

Jack

5. Benning Boy

Benning Boy New Member

Buy mags. Lots and lots of mags. Nothing quite as fun.

6. SGT-MILLER

SGT-MILLER New Member

Ordered more mags form the company. They are sending it with no shipping charges. Plus, since I didn't have a one piece cleaning rod with my rifle, they are sending that for free along with the mags.

Good customer service. I'm glad I went with Inter Ordnance.

7. orangello

orangello New Member

Beautiful rifle, congrats!

I've never understood why their stocks are so short. I wondered if they were all small people or if they were just planning on wearing thick coats.

8. flyingbrickracing

flyingbrickracing New Member

Nice !!sounds like the customer service is good as well, may look into one.

9. dog2000tj

dog2000tj New Member

That is a sweet looking rifle Miller. Congrats and enjoy. :)

10. SGT-MILLER

SGT-MILLER New Member

AK-74 style muzzle break finally arrived.

Attached Files:

11. SGT-MILLER

SGT-MILLER New Member

I finally recieved the rest of my goodies for my AK47C. All I was waiting for was my one-piece cleaning rod, and my extra 30 round magazines. Now that I have those items, I can consider my tac rifle setup complete.

The other items you see in my case are two boxes of Wolf 122 grain hollowpoint ammunition, a cleaning/maintenance kit, and my trusty K-Bar knife.

Attached Files: