Insurance for a retail gun store

Discussion in 'NFA/Class 3 & FFL Discussion' started by ktmboyz, Aug 9, 2012.

1. ktmboyz

ktmboyz New Member

I have started to look into insurance for a retail store front and was wondering if anyone else has a store front or most of you are home based FFL dealers.. Just curious how much I am looking at for an average policy, ffl liability, slip and fall and all that s**t you need now a days.. Can PM me if you dont want to post publicly.. I am going to call the NRA backed ins tomorrow ans get a quote from them. Getting me kind of nervous :(

2. JD1969

JD1969 New Member

Our business insurance is around $10,000 per year IIRC. Granted we do not sell firearms, but we do have other liabilities. We use a company that specializes in our industry and get the best rate that way. I would bet there is something similar for the firearms business. BTW did you ever decide on a name?

3. ktmboyz

ktmboyz New Member

Thanks for the reply, I think I found some good coverage for what I need today.

I think I am going with the name " up in arms " firearms ammo transfers and training maybe a logo with two arms crossed holding 1911s or something with smoking barrels :D

4. wjnfirearms

wjnfirearms New Member

The NRA has reasonable cost insurance for dealers. All you have to do to qualify is be a member. They have info through their web site.

5. silverado113

silverado113 New Member

If you need a cheap logo let me know. I know a guy. My logo in my avatar was EXTREMELY CHEAP.

6. ktmboyz

ktmboyz New Member

Thanks I'll keep that in mind.. I have a buddy in graphic design that can probably help me out if not I may have to go with yer buddy.. Thanks a lot !!! I am kinda thinking two arms crossed holding a pair of pistols with smoke from the barrels.. Maybe tattoos on the arms with " up in arms " on them.. Not sure yet still kicking ideas around in my empty head :p