Installed Ambi-safety

Discussion in 'Gunsmithing Forum' started by SHSBulldog06, Jul 7, 2010.

1. SHSBulldog06

SHSBulldog06 New Member

I finally broke down and ordered the materials for my Kimber Ultra Carry II with laser grips(had to get a bobbed right side safety) to put an ambi safety on since I'm a lefty. I think it ended up costing $67 with shipping through Kimber. I ordered through Kimber because I read somewhere that they were made to the right tolerance so they would be drop in parts. Any ways, heres the damage...

Attached Files:

2. canebrake

canebrake New Member

Nice job!

That should make going hot a lot easier!!!

3. danf_fl

danf_fl Retired Supporter

Compliments, looks like a job well done.

4. SHSBulldog06

SHSBulldog06 New Member

yea, it got real old trying to drop the left side safety with my left hand, I've heard people say that you get used to doing it that way. But I don't like fidgeting with a loaded .45 with a loose grip while trying to drop the safety. Call me crazy... I just don't feel like shooting my big toe off.

5. skullcrusher

skullcrusher New Member

I like the ambi safety as a left hand shooter as well. I normally thumb off right hand pistol safeties with my support hand. I got used to that, but when I got my Springer Loaded with the ambi safety, I realized just how much fumbling it really takes.

Looks like you did a nice job. How do you like the laser? Pressure switch, right?

6. stalkingbear

stalkingbear Well-Known Member

Looks like a good job to me. Now you'll enjoy shooting & carrying it a lot more.

7. SHSBulldog06

SHSBulldog06 New Member

Thanks guys, yea I like the grips skull. I don't really use them much except to make my dog run around chasing the laser every once in a while. And yes pressure switch operates it, and there is also a main power switch to keep it off.