input on color

Discussion in 'General Rifle Discussion' started by niteglock, Feb 5, 2013.

1. niteglock

niteglock New Member

I just painted my mp15-22 and I don't know if I should leave the rest of it flat beige color or make it like I just did to the magazine. Which one do you guys think. Thanks.

Attached Files:

2. themarsfloyd

themarsfloyd New Member

Make everything the same color. That's what I did with my RRA .223 and it looks sweet.

3. AR10

AR10 New Member

Depends on the look you want. I have a two tone black and dark earth AR, and it is one of my favorite ones, I have five.

I saw a pic where someone made a digital look by inter mixing p. rail covers. It looked sweet!

4. AR10

AR10 New Member

I think it looks grand! I did my wife's Colt AR .22 in hot pink!

5. clr8ter

clr8ter New Member

I think you should put up a poll with a few more choices........

6. paperplatetargets

paperplatetargets New Member

Paint it all the same color. The mag looks great.

7. DFlynt

DFlynt New Member

I like the look you got going on that magazine, kinda reminds me of the old Rhodesian pattern camo.

8. sputnik1988

sputnik1988 Active Member

That mag looks awesome, I think the whole gun done like that with a few small parts left black would really look good. How did you do that by the way?

9. niteglock

niteglock New Member

I just painted it that color and let it dry for about 2 hours or so. Just enough to hold it and not mess it up. Then took a 9mm wire bore brush and scraped the heck out of it. I didn't put any matte clear coat on it yet because I didn't know if I was keeping it the two tone or doing the scraping all over it. I like how the mag looks like its old and like its a sandstorm dusty look. Or something like that. Lol.