infotech's morale patch design thread

Discussion in 'The Club House' started by canebrake, Mar 23, 2009.

1. canebrake

canebrake New Member

3/20/09
    The graphic in question:

[​IMG]

It's on lend-lease from somewhere???? [​IMG]

Let me work on an original with the same sentiment and I will gladly release it to you for this worthy cause!

I need the weekend for the work. [​IMG]

I'll get back to you Monday! [​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 24, 2009
  2. JiroZero713

JiroZero713 Active Member

It's Bullet Bill from the Super Mario series....would make sense to make a patch out of it though.

3. canebrake

canebrake New Member

After thinking about the importance of this endeavor I decided not to attempt it with my hack-talent at best, and handed the project over to my son Jeremy. (He's NOT a hack but does this professionally so I contacted the programmer cave for help!)

We (Jeremy and I) decided that this was not "OUR" project but yours (infotech's) and rather than present a finished product he would do a draft and have you suggest the next step.

Here is the foundation;

[​IMG]

Nothing is sacred so critic away. Thoughts are the yellow is really to be embroidered in 'brass' color thread not yellow. Arms are being worked on but with more muscle cuts.

What do you (and the forum) think?

Will there be any copy on the patch?

We need to make this an EPIC patch!

4. SHOOTER13

SHOOTER13 New Member

My 2 cents...

I like the concept...

I've seen alot of moral patches made from the Punisher Skull emblem...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

5. JiroZero713

Black seems better to me because with Gold...sometimes it won't go good with all uniforms.

Keep the old design with Muscle bound popeye arms.

6. Bighead

Bighead New Member

I like the teeth, and the idea of the brass coloring. I think I like the eyes on the original a little better. Interested to see it with the arms.

Great job.

7. infotech

infotech New Member

What can I say other than that is awesome? What i had in mind was to have several variations of patch designs with the central theme being the "angry bullet guy" but I am a bit worried about a trademark violation. It would probably have to at least 10% different unless it's been around long enough to be "public domain". It's also possible the "character was not trademarked by the video game co or was not eligible for trademark.

I like the color also but if I have it made into an ACU patch or SWAT patch it will be converted to those colors with black / gray being primary.

I have a lot of ideas for designs using "Mr Bullet" aka "Mr Rowland" ....:)

8. canebrake

canebrake New Member

My son Jeremy just sent me version 2. He's excited about contributing to the whole morale 'support the troops' patch thingie.

[​IMG]

He is doing this for you and the troops and will follow the thread looking for your (and all members') input.

With that said, jump in with any suggestions/changes you want. You don't need to draw what you want, just verbalize the changes and he will work like a police sketch artist.

As long as we are not in a big hurry and let him work at his pace, we can have a result that we all can be happy with and he will make the necessary changes to insure no Mario infringment!

Mr.460 Rowland? I like that! But it will need to be a hollow point!

Speak up, now is the time while Jeremy is volunteering his time! (With a little arm twisting from the old man!)

Hey, I got his attention now, let's exercise his talent and maybe have him do a FTF patch!

9. BILLYBOB44

BILLYBOB44 Active Member

Great Idea Cane

This is the start to something BIG! Thank your Son so much for his time. I like the pic to have somewhat thinner upper arm attached to bullet, with the large forearm/clenched fist-my 2c. Thank you, and your Son again:D:D

10. canebrake

canebrake New Member

Here's the ACU version 3 patch:

[​IMG]

What do you think?

11. Dillinger

Dillinger New Member

That's a good looking piece of work right there. Kudos to your son Cane...

12. JiroZero713

I say you use this mouth from the Big Bullet Bills from Super Mario World and the original eye from the first picture that brought this project about.

[​IMG]

Or reverse that mouth over into a smily face to see what it looks like...and change the eye too.

13. infotech

infotech New Member

That is really cool. I'm trying to think of some "mottos" to go on the patches, I like the idea of just a plain one with Mr 460 on it too.

Here's some random thoughts:

Variations on the mouth - open, closed, evil grin, pissed off

Maybe some lines indicating forward motion behind the bullet

A patch with three of them flying in a line (3 round burst).

If anyone has ideas for mottos fire away. A FT patch would be cool, we need to see what JD et al think.

14. infotech

infotech New Member

Here's one idea:

I'd thought of having the bullet hold a triad for SEALs but in order to be able to serve all the services maybe he could get a tattoo for each branch?

Give him a triad or seal balancing a ball or the dynamite frog for SEALS.

A Ranger tab, airborne tattoo or jump wings, army star and chevrons, marine globe, etc.

Add each branch motto to match...

15. JiroZero713

No it needs to be universal and must not show any specifics to any branch.

The standard Bullet Bill should be fine.

16. canebrake

canebrake New Member

Can not do, trademark infringement. That's the reason we started this thread.

Start from the beginning and read the whole thread.

And put that damn gun down!

17. canebrake

canebrake New Member

And yes, that was a JUNK PUNCH!

18. bobbyb13

bobbyb13 New Member

Dang Cane

That was more of a biatch slap. Ouch.

19. JiroZero713

I really doubt Nintendo is going to jump on our asses for a Bullet Bill picture given to American troops.

Hell they'd probably make them.

20. infotech

infotech New Member

Companies always have to vigorously defend trademark and copyrights. If they fail to do so a competitor can use it to "steal" the rights by showing a pattern of discard in court. We can make enough changes to be perfectly legal and not have to be at the mercy of anyone's legal team.

I can have the patches made just fine, I'm not looking to get Nintendo or anyone else to handle that for us.