Information on Colt

Discussion in '1911 Forum' started by michigan0626, Jan 6, 2012.

1. michigan0626

michigan0626 New Member

I recently came across to articles that may make Canebrake a little happier today.

First-
    Colt is coming out with a new Gold Cup National Match:
    Colt's Manufacturing Introduces Gold Cup National Match | Down Range TV

Second- I, along with Canebrake, live in the state of Florida. Colt is planning on opening a new plant in Kissimmee, Fl. It will hire 63 people at around 45k. I would definately quite the prison to work there if I had any machining experience.

Attached Files:

2. JonM

JonM Moderator

wow thats one sweet looking 1911!!

3. Axxe55

Axxe55 The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

a different set of grips, say some in an exotic wood, that 1911 would be perfect! have you seen any type of projected price on it?

4. michigan0626

michigan0626 New Member

It does say that it is actually carbon steel and is blue, I just wished they would specify if it is Royal Blue. That would make it very appealing.

5. MrWray

MrWray New Member

I wonder if it will be 70 or 80 series?

6. trip286

trip286 New Member

Its settled then. All I need to do is make sure I've got the money.

7. canebrake

canebrake New Member

Just when I thought I had bought my last Colt 1911, they go and pull me back in!

8. canebrake

canebrake New Member

UPDATE:

Series 80

The National Match barrel is CNC machined from forged stainless steel, also CNC machined are the receiver and round-top slide, both made from forged carbon steel with a blued finish.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

9. fisher79

fisher79 New Member

You never consider the last one,the last one!

10. trip286

trip286 New Member

I want to sleep with it. Y'all know you feel the same way, I'm just the only one willing to admit it.

11. trip286

trip286 New Member

Has anyone heard anything about a price? I'm guessing about $1,100 or so, but can't even find this new model on their site.

12. cankiller

cankiller New Member

I have held that type of grips before.....they are not very comfortable......but sweet looking gun

I wish they would come back with the SS Talo Limited Edition

Attached Files:

13. 97cobra

97cobra New Member

Any word on when it can be purchased? I was talking on another thread about getting a gold cup and you said I couldn't go wrong and would be happy so I'm thinking this is the one.

14. FCross7

FCross7 New Member

That's pretty awesome. I live about 15 miles west of Orlando, and Kissimmee is only about 40ish minutes away. It's cool to see them opening something up so close to home.

I think they should give me a discount on one of the new pistols since I live so close to the factory. I'll even drive over there and pick it up myself. :D

-Fred

15. michigan0626

michigan0626 New Member

Awhile back I called up Colt to get some general info on packages and finishes as such. I asked if I could just order a gun, and since its at the factory, have the package or finish applied on the spot. The lady said that Colt does not sell directly to the public, you have to order through a shop or distributor.

16. michigan0626

michigan0626 New Member

Here is a review I just found on Gunblast.
    Colt’s New Gold Cup National Match 45 ACP Semi-Automatic Pistol

Bunch of pictures, including one of a shot group from 25 yards in a Ransom Rest using some Corbon 230 grainers. The group center to center is only 7/8ths of an inch. An absolutely beautiful shooting instrument.

17. michigan0626

michigan0626 New Member

Here is a picute of a Talo Colt Royal National Match from their website. This is the finish that should be on the new Gold Cup NM.

Attached Files:

18. eborden1122

eborden1122 Lifetime Supporting Member Lifetime Supporter

That is a beautiful 1911. How does it shoot, feel?

19. cankiller

cankiller New Member

how does it feel/shoot

remember when you were 16-18....had your sweetheart in the backseat.......you reached down and had your hand on her arse.........yea thats it!!!!lmao