Info on SR9

Discussion in 'Ruger Handgun Forum' started by Chase127, Apr 23, 2013.

1. Chase127

Chase127 New Member

Thinking of getting the SR9 for my younger sis i have limited experience with this gun but i think she'll love it

2. gearhead396

gearhead396 New Member

It is a great gun. Reliable,accurate, a pleasure to shoot, 18+1, usually under 500 bucks, easy to clean, and you can get it with stainless slide or blued. My everyday carry is a blued ruger sr40c. I have owned the sr9c as well. I have fired both full size versions. They all break down the same as well which is convenient.

3. Gone_South

Gone_South New Member

I can't speak for the 9 but I own the full size 40 and love it.

4. TX45

TX45 New Member

I bought the SR9 in stainless in 2010 then I bought the SR9c (also in ss) a year later because I loved the SR9 so much. Both guns are great guns. The SR9c is an excellent ccw.

5. aandabooks

aandabooks New Member

I have the SR9 and love it also. How do you carry your SR9C? I've never carried, Illinois resident, but isn't a little big? I would think pocket carry would definitely be out.

6. TX45

TX45 New Member

I pocket carry it in an Uncle Mike's pocket holster #4.

7. readygirl

readygirl New Member

I love my SR9, i have over 1000 rnds thru it, it just keeps getting better. Never even one FTF/FTE (Federal Eagle/Hydra Shok) Ergonomics are second to none, The first time i picked it up at the shop, i had to have one. The adjustable back strap is nice. It has a mag safety, some people like that feature, some dont...

8. readygirl

readygirl New Member

I did put a set of TRUGLO sights on mine. The factory sights are good, but i work part time at a gun shop...and the guys that work there like to try things out on me....lol

9. ScottA

ScottA FAA licensed bugsmasher Lifetime Supporter

Great choice. I have an SR9C.

It's always preferable to have the person handle, shoot, and choose a gun. But if I was going to give one blind to somebody, the SR9 would make a lot of sense. It's kind of like the Chevy Malibu of handguns. There's nothing really fancy about it, but it's just a good, solid tool.

10. HOSSFLY

HOSSFLY New Member

Wife has had & loved & trusted her SR9C for over 3 yrs now :)

11. eatmydust

eatmydust New Member

If you give her the SR9c, you give her a very good range gun(17+1) and a damn good CC gun(10+1).

12. refugeepj

refugeepj New Member

I own all three calibers in the SR series. also gave three SR9's as gifts. one to a son in law who is a state trooper, one each to two daughters. all three have been used and appreciated. the series has impressed me. good strong reliable shooters, dollar for dollar a good buy. like them at least as well as my xd and xds.

13. kjdeut

kjdeut New Member

I have been a Ruger fan since day one when I first started shooting. They are what I would consider very well made handguns at very reasonable price.

Ken

14. DrFootball

DrFootball disappointed & disgusted, But DETERMINED... Lifetime Supporter

Love My SR9! my one issue is that it doesn't do "Hand Loads" very well, but anything from the factory and it will shoot all Day...

15. grandpabear

grandpabear New Member

Quite the opposite for me. Although my SR40 and SR9c shoots factory ammo great, there have been some brands that they didn't like. On the other hand, I reload lots of different weight bullets and they eat my handloads like they are starved. No problems.

16. HOSSFLY

HOSSFLY New Member

Forgive me but thats not a hand load issue ---
    Its a hand loaders loads issue :eek:

17. DrFootball

DrFootball disappointed & disgusted, But DETERMINED... Lifetime Supporter

Fair enough!;)

18. mattieb

mattieb New Member

My brother-in-law has a sr9 and I think it's a great gun accurate and reliable but I would look into a Glock 19 or 26 they are amazing guns and there are more accessories for glocks than any other gun on the market except maybe 1911's IMHO

19. miget63

miget63 New Member

Lost my SR9 to my wife after she shot it. She has small hands and the Ruger fit her better than either my Glock 19 or my XDM.

20. kjdeut

kjdeut New Member

I found my SR9 was a little more of a challenge to get the right hand load, but I have it working great now. Just have to keep at it until you find what works.

Ken