info on price

Discussion in 'Revolver Handguns' started by niteglock, Aug 28, 2013.

1. niteglock

niteglock New Member

I have a colt lawman mkiii 357 nickel in absolute beautiful condition. I was looking over gunbroker to see what it would go for and was just wondering what do you guys think prices would go for this gun? I seen over 1k on gunbroker but dont know if that is good. I know alot of people try ripping others off on there. Im looking to get a nice AK47 for it.

2. DrFootball

DrFootball disappointed & disgusted, But DETERMINED... Lifetime Supporter

Could be worth $1200 To as much as $1500! I have Been offered $1750 for my Python, which is close to 40 yrs. old.
    You did not mention barrel length....
    My Python is 6" and the other colts are 2" & 3",...(a Cobra, a KING Cobra, and a Detective Special....)

3. JW357

JW357 New Member

Well I would say check the closed auctions to see how much they've actually sold for. I've been told that usually gives a good indication on how much things are worth. However, I haven't yet figured out how to do that... So if you know, try that... :-/

4. niteglock

niteglock New Member

4in barrel

5. niteglock

niteglock New Member

Wow. Found my dads original receipt for the colt lawman. He paid 150.00 for it in 1976. Him, my mother, and I are the only ones who have shot it. I wouldnve never guessed he bought this new. Now if I could only find the box.

6. Mercator

Mercator Active Member

A Lawman in truly exc cond is collectible. You will have a hard time finding an AK47 based semiauto that can really match its value. Most AK refurbs are overpriced and drop in value immediately as the register goes cha-ching. Get the most cash out of it on Gunbroker or at a gun show. Then shop for the rifle.

7. DrFootball

DrFootball disappointed & disgusted, But DETERMINED... Lifetime Supporter

Thats right around the same time My dad bought Me My Python as a B-Day present...Is your Lawman a 4" or 6"? My dad carried a 6" Trooper, which I sold after he passed, but I also Kept His Det. Sp., Cobra, & King Cobra(3" 357). If My Python is worth north of $1600, if your Lawman is a 6" it should be worth at least $1500 in Good to Excellent condition...but it depends on who wants to pay What for it, I gather. I was Offered $1375 plus a Charter Bulldog 357 for my King Cobra....

8. niteglock

niteglock New Member

Its the 4 in model.

Attached Files:

9. niteglock

niteglock New Member

Heres another. Dont know why they show upside down. Weird.

Attached Files:

10. JW357

JW357 New Member

She's a beaut. I demand more pictures. That highly reflective steel would scare me to touch it, to be honest, but its still gorgeous.

11. Cheever

Cheever New Member

I recommend checking what people have paid on Gun broker.

How to do that--log in to Gunbroker. Click on "advanced" in the top right corner. Click on "completed items" tab close to the top. Enter your search parameters. You will have to look through the list to see if anyone even bid on the item. You must have a gunbroker account and be logged in to do this. If there is a bid you may need to look at the individual item to see if it met the reserve and was actually sold.

I am not sure it is worth as much as you may have been lead to believe.