info needed for Sterling 302 22 pistol

Discussion in 'General Handgun Discussion' started by Shelby, Mar 9, 2012.

1. Shelby

Shelby New Member

Hey, just signed in at Firearms talk after reading old forums about the Sterling 302 22. a few members had info on breakdown and cleaning, even a diagram, could you contact me and let me know if you still have info?. I bought this gun a few years back and only fired it a couple of times then. Recently I fired it and the empty cartridge jams instead of a clean exit. Anyone else have this problem? Also, isn`t this gun suppose to keep firing after the first round is entered into the chamber? Mine doesn`t. Any help would be greatful.

2. HOSSFLY

HOSSFLY New Member

Last edited: Mar 9, 2012

3. c3shooter

c3shooter Administrator Staff Member

Here is a copy of the owner's manual, coutesy of Steve's Pages-

http://stevespages.com/pdf/sterling_302.pdf

With .22s, start with the basics- dirty, poor lube, bad ammo. Clean pistol, LIGHT lube, use some good quality ammo (CCI is about as good as you will find).

If THAT does not fix the problem get a smith to check the gun. Could be as simple as warped lips on a magazine, or mouth of chamber dinged by dry fire.

And as said, the Sterling is generally not considered the benchmark of ultra-high quality.

4. Shelby

Shelby New Member

Thanks

Really appreciate both of your info, you`ve been very helpful. "better than a stick" - I like that! I`ve also heard, you have a good paper weight or door stop.