Inflatable concrete tent, perfect, SHTF shelter

Discussion in 'Survival & Sustenance Living Forum' started by WebleyFosbery38, Feb 6, 2014.

1. WebleyFosbery38

WebleyFosbery38 New Member

Wife showed me this, its very cool. No its not Spongebobs buddy Patricks house, its a blowup concrete shelter, just add water, hook up a leaf blower and voila!

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vb1pdvvoVoQ[/ame]

I want one bad, bet they arent cheap but I still need one of these!!!!!

2. John_Deer

John_Deer New Member

Damn, they had to use a jeep to unfold the tent. Bagged concrete has a short shelf live in humid areas. I wonder how they keep the concrete from getting hard in storage?

3. eatmydust

eatmydust New Member

I saw those in a video a while ago. They are cool. For SHTF, inflate, cover with sod, disappear.

4. MisterMcCool

MisterMcCool Well-Known Member Supporter

How much do they cost?
    Their website says the structure will last for ten years.

no offense and none taken
    BannedBackTogether@email.com

5. WebleyFosbery38

A million little desiccant bags:D. Sounds like they are using a pretty thin mix if it takes 5 hours to set so it may not activate that easy.

Like EMD said, bury the thing and nobody would know it was there!

One site said they cost about $2,100 bucks, not bad for a solid shelter that can fit in the back of a small PU Truck before its built, about 172 square feet of floor space and 500 lbs without water, after, its not gonna blow away!

Coolest part is the only tools needed are a leafblower, a garden hose and a pi truck, no trowels, no saws, hammers or fasteners needed. You couldnt haul all the fasteners and tools in a small PU truck and carry the wood needed to build a stick structure half this size in three F250's.

6. MisterMcCool

7. MisterMcCool

8. ScottA

ScottA FAA licensed bugsmasher Lifetime Supporter

That's pretty fascinating. I wonder how big you could create something with that.

9. WebleyFosbery38

I bet the skys the limit as long as you can somehow create enough of a seal to inflate it. Not so much air pressure needed as one might think, its just a ginat bouncy castle! Air is the perfect support until the strength of the solid crete can kick in. This is a no brainer like Ive never seen before, why dont we do this everywhere? I want a dome of my own and this looks like the way to do it!

As far as the 10 year life, its nearly dome-like and support wize, you cant get much stronger. Even Crete breaks down when bombarded by moisture. I bet that could be extended much longer with some kind of a waterproof membrane over it!

10. nchunt101

nchunt101 New Member

I am tempted to get one and put it up on some land my family owns for a hunting camp/hiding place.

11. Axxe55

Axxe55 The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

now that is just downright cool! i want one to use as a Man Cave!:p

12. Ez2b

Ez2b New Member

I agree it is pretty darn cool but I do not see how a little blower can lift that structure up with with it already being wet and having a door already in it.
    And yes I saw it on video so it must be right I don't know though
    the enginer in me makes me go huh.

EZ

13. Axxe55

Axxe55 The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

i have to agree. that once that concrete material is wetted, it's probably not very lightweight. but some of those leafblowers are pretty stout too. maybe it has to be in how the structure is sealed when you are using the leafblower to inflate it?

14. Ez2b

Ez2b New Member

I left houses with air so it can be done I have airbags that will lift 32 tons each but I don't see how a leaf blower can do it I would suggest a compressor but that's my opinion it would sucked to have the leaf blower quit working half way up and you got a wet concrete about to set .and no way to get it up that's just my opinion lol

EZ

15. nitestalker

nitestalker New Member

I wish we had those fancy "Wigwams". :) But what the hell is a leave-blower?:confused:

Attached Files:

16. Bigcountry02

Bigcountry02 Coffee! If your not shaking, you need another cup Supporter

17. nitestalker

nitestalker New Member

In the desert regions they are attached to "Urinals". :eek: