Inexpensive Field Rifle Scope

Discussion in 'Optics & Mounts' started by WannaGator, Jun 7, 2010.

1. WannaGator

WannaGator New Member

Howdy Yall!

My 3X9 scope for my Remington 600 Mohawk( .243 Win.) is warped.

What would a good inexpensive (read not cheap China quality)replacement be?

2. Dillinger

Dillinger New Member

How about a Vortex Viper 3-9x40 Riflescope with V-Plex Reticle for $259.35??

I honestly don't know a hell of a lot about the company. Seem to be located in Southern Wisconsin & have a pretty good warranty.

I throw it out there because through the FTF Promotive Buying Group, you can get one of their scopes at the price listed above.

Or you could step up and get one of their more hardcore scopes.

Just a thought.

JD

3. stalkingbear

stalkingbear Well-Known Member

The 2 most inexpensive decent scope lines I'm aware of are the Nikon Prostaff line (3x-9x 150$), and the Weaver line (2x-10x 165$). I've used both of these scopes with good results. It sounds like a good deal on the Vortex scopes.

4. cpttango30

cpttango30 New Member

Vortex, Nikon, Bushnell 3200, Weaver, Mueller are the ones I would look into....

Check out SWFA's Sample list these are factory refurbed scopes at a fraction of the cost of new. Lonyeager has purchased 2 or 3 from them.

5. lonyaeger

lonyaeger New Member

I have a Vortex Crossfire 2-7 x 32 on one of my .22s. It is a fantastic scope for just under $100. Might not serve your needs for the rifle you're talking about but, if my little Vortex is any indication of their quality, they deserve a hard look.

The Sample List that Tango is talking about is all sold out, at least right this minute, of everything Vortex and Weaver. But there are a couple Redfields available. Redfield might just line up with what your needs are.

And, of course, I love me some Nikons...like my friends Tango and Bear!

6. Gatekeeper

Gatekeeper New Member

7. WannaGator

WannaGator New Member

Thanks fellers.

I am still paying on that last revolver but after that I will be buying a scope for the .243 Win.

8. freefall

freefall New Member

Said this before, I'll say it again here, go to gun shows and look for a used Leupold. My last one (18 mos ago) was a VXII 2-7 for $160. I don't even have a rifle to put it on, but it's good to have a spare scope, somebody might give you a rifle.:rolleyes:

9. langenc

langenc New Member

Go to ebay and be patient.

There will be a lot of good scopes-fixed, variable-Ao etc.. power from 2.5 to 15 or 20.
    Variety of reticles also. If bidding on a Weaver just dont bid on the one I want.

10. amoroque

amoroque New Member

For the more affordable scopes I really like Bushnell.....But I had the opportunity to shoot a new Redfield this weekend, I REALLY liked it and the price seemed fair. :)

11. ronl

ronl New Member

SWFA is selling a Vortex Crossfire 6.5-24x50 for $99 that you have to see to believe. I have to keep telling myself it is a "cheap" scope. The glass, considering the cost, is excellent. Clear out to the 24x. It impressed me so much I bought a Viper 6.5-20x44. The Viper has glass that compares very well to optics costing much more. Their Customer Service is on par or better than Leupold's, and that's saying something. I'd definitely check out the Vortex scopes.

12. cmhill

cmhill New Member

id go with the redfield revolution you can get the 3x9x40 for 169.00 or 3x9x50 for 199.99 its their newest scope since the merger/buyout by leupold