Firearms Talk banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I want an AK variant rifle, and I hear all the time that most armies use them because they are low cost. Apparently I'm retarded, because I can't find one for less then 800 or so, and I've heard on history channel you can get full auto ones in Africa for 50 bucks. I want a semi auto, any suggestions on where to find one closer to like 300 or 400?

·
Registered
7,545 Posts
Don't know if you can meet your price but look at the WASR 10 and Saiga (a sporting configuration that can be converted be more like an AK)

·
Registered
7,799 Posts
Governments buy in bulk. Buying in sub Saharan Africa from a guy on the street who wants to feed his family instead of hang on to a misappropriated overly used AK, makes $50 seem like a lot of money.

Here in the States the market drives the price.

WASRs are running closer to $500 now. Check pawn shops and for used guns that people did stupid cosmetic things to. You can complain about the ugly plastic furniture or spray paint job that Tactical Timmy did and use it as a bargaining chip to negotiate a better price. As long as it it mechanically sound you should be able to find a fair deal.

·
Registered
7,202 Posts
bige91603 said:
I sell mine for the right price
$100 final offer. $50 in Africa.

·
Registered
7,202 Posts
bige91603 said:
Lol, good luck on your adventures to get one!
Hey, man can dream.

·
Registered
520 Posts
I wont buy one because of the inflated prices.

·
Registered
7,202 Posts
Stillersfan said:
I wont buy one because of the inflated prices.
^^^^^^^^^^^^

what he said.

·
Registered
842 Posts
bige91603 said:
Refinished the furniture, added MFT grip and tapco single point sling mount. 2 Romanian mags and 2 tapco polymer mags. Pm if your serious about it
Forgot about the a2 birdcage flashhider

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I found one at a pawn shop , it has no front sight, but they only want 299 for it. Can I put a new front sight on it? Or is it more cost effective to find one in good shape, with intact sights.

·
Registered
842 Posts
WhaleNoises said:
I found one at a pawn shop , it has no front sight, but they only want 299 for it. Can I put a new front sight on it? Or is it more cost effective to find one in good shape, with intact sights.
You could go w/o a front sight and put magpul mbus sights on it if you were thinking of using a quadrail

·
Registered
420 Posts
http://www.classicfirearms.com/recently-back-in-stock/russian-saiga-ak-variant

It's not the $300-$400 price range you stated but it's a damn fine rifle for a great price. I bought this rifle from them when they were selling it for $499 and I am very pleased with it. For $30 more, you get extra goodies like a carry case, sling, 3 more mags etc. You can't go wrong with a Saiga AND it's already converted.

Also if you dont like that one, that site has good prices on other AKs in the same or different calibers. Shipping was extremely fast when I ordered mine. I had the rifle within 4 days.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·

It's not the $300-$400 price range you stated but it's a damn fine rifle for a great price. I bought this rifle from them when they were selling it for $499 and I am very pleased with it. For $30 more, you get extra goodies like a carry case, sling, 3 more mags etc. You can't go wrong with a Saiga AND it's already converted.

Also if you dont like that one, that site has good prices on other AKs in the same or different calibers. Shipping was extremely fast when I ordered mine. I had the rifle within 4 days.
Wow thanks

·
Registered
842 Posts

That's $120 more

1 - 20 of 28 Posts