Individual Carbine Competition: Your Thoughts?

Discussion in 'AR-15 Discussion' started by HenryACR, Nov 12, 2010.

1. HenryACR

HenryACR New Member

Gentlemen, the United States Armed Forces wants a new rifle for their troops. Hopefully this project will not be canceled, so everyone keep an open mind. For more information I suggest you start here:

Individual Carbine Competition - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Weapons have already been submitted for testing and evaluation. My question for you gentlemen is which rifle will succeed? Here are the contenders:

The XCR: Why choose the XCR?
    The M6A4:LWRC International LLC - M6A4
    The ACR: Remington Defense
    The SR-16: SR-16 Rifle, SR-16 Carbine, SR-16 CQB
    The SCAR: FNH USA
    The CM901: DR Exclusive First Look!: SCAR Who? Meet the Colt Modular Carbine (CMC) Model CM901 Multi-Caliber 7.62mm NATO Battle Rifle / 5.56mm NATO Assault Rifle for U.S. Military Special Operations Forces (SOF) and General Infantry Forces (GIF). DefenseReview

Your thoughts? You are intelligent guys. I'm curious which one you think will come out on top as the undisputed best assault rifle in history.

2. Johnny357

Johnny357 New Member

The SCAR wins, based solely upon my hundreds of hours of experience playing CoD MW2 :cool:

3. HexGunz

HexGunz New Member

Really CoD? Get out of this forum. And Henry I'm hoping for the ACR or the CM901. Colt has always been a reliable gun manufacturer and I don't think they will fail to produce a great carbine. ACR looks like a great carbine and I'd really want to try one. The others don't look like much.

4. Quentin

Quentin New Member

In this economy the M4 or a slightly improved M4 will remain the Army's rifle.

5. dog2000tj

dog2000tj New Member

doesn't the M4 currently meet these requirements? is the M4 being outperformed on the battlefield? is our enemy being fitted with the latest and greatest in firearms? :confused:

i really can't see any reason why the Army needs a new service rifle other than to spend a crap load of taxpayer money :(

6. Quentin

Quentin New Member

Dog, that's much better! :p

7. dog2000tj

dog2000tj New Member

i'd like to be known for my content ..... not just my avatars :p

:D

8. MikeJK

MikeJK New Member

A waste of money. Kind of like buying two indentical custom made buses.

9. powell0892

powell0892 New Member

Kinda hard to fix something that's not broke....

10. X-mark

X-mark New Member

For some reason I thought the HK was still a contender?

11. purehavoc

purehavoc New Member

Another waste of tax payers dollars , and I'm confused on the colt. They say it can use any standard m4 , m16 upper but looking at it in the pics the front lug looks like it will be about 1/2" short anyone else agree or did I miss something ?

12. jjfuller1

jjfuller1 New Member

i was thinking along the same lines a few of you. have you heard lots of complaints on the current rifle not doing what we ask? no i cant see why they should do this... waste of money. would you go buy a new car the second yours hits 30,000 miles if theres nothing wrong with it? no.. oh wait. forgot the government lacks that common sense thingy most of us have.

13. Wi_Hunter556

Wi_Hunter556 New Member

That's a lot of tax payer money to replace the armys service rifle, yeah it would be nice to replace but why doesn't the army just focus on the m4 and refurbish those rifles and keep in service.

The regular army doesn't really need and interchangable weapon system, I think that's a niche for the special operations community.

They want something that they can change from 556 to a larger cal why not have a standard 762? All the power you need with the reach, it could be a cure all but when you need shorter barrel lengths for cqb your at a disadvantage with that round.

14. HexGunz

HexGunz New Member

The HK isnt competing anymore?

15. dog2000tj

dog2000tj New Member

the M1A Garand was good enough to defeat the Nazi's and Imperial Japan ... I'm pretty confident the AR15 is good enough to defeat our current enemies :cool:

Attached Files:

16. Quentin

Quentin New Member

Just now noticed you dredged up an old thread...