Indiana handgun permit

Discussion in 'Concealed Carrying & Personal Protection' started by phoinixbird, Apr 19, 2010.

1. phoinixbird

phoinixbird New Member

Has anyone applied for and received an Indiana permit to carry since the first of 2010? My boss, brother-in-law, father-in-law, and I all applied around January/February 2010 and still have not received our permits in the mail. I know that lots of people are applying but, come on now!

2. jlhgun

jlhgun New Member

yes I applied on 1/6/2010 and it came in on 4/2/2010.

3. phoinixbird

phoinixbird New Member

I finally came, $125 and 3 months later. I finally have my Indiana Handgun Permit!!!!!

4. LegatoRedrivers

LegatoRedrivers New Member

5. PIMking

PIMking New Member

wow $125? Alabama it's $20/year and basically if you can purchase a firearm legally you can get a permit. Alabama is an open carry state also.

6. LegatoRedrivers

LegatoRedrivers New Member

The 125 is for a lifetime permit. In Indiana, it's as long as you haven't been convicted of a felony, a misdemeanor involving violence, or they have reason to believe you abuse drugs or alcohol (Arrest / conviction within, I believe, 4 years?).

Feel free to correct if I missed/misquoted anything, just what I remember from when I got mine. Didn't have any of that to worry about, so I just glanced over most of it.

Last edited: May 1, 2010
  7. PIMking

PIMking New Member

Ahh that's not bad then. after 6 years I would be caught up with you.