Independence Day March On Sacramento?

Discussion in 'California Gun Forum' started by Vikingdad, May 28, 2013.

1. Vikingdad

Vikingdad New Member

Last I heard the July 4th armed march on Washington DC has evolved into a march on the various State capitols. Anybody heard of such an effort here in CA? I don't get onto the Calguns forums too often and have not seen anything there yet. I think it might be a good idea, but only if people are to carry either BP muskets, cardboard cutouts, toy guns or the like, NOT loaded modern rifles.

Any of the rest of you Californians seen anything?

2. TankTop

TankTop Active Member Supporter

It has been done before in Sacramento, why not again?

PS I was they on 4th of July when a firework hit the done doing considerable damage, I guess that could happen again too.

3. Vikingdad

Vikingdad New Member

My hope would be for nothing of the sort to happen. If the demonstration is to be successful it will happen without any incidents or damage.

4. TankTop

TankTop Active Member Supporter

Sorry, sarcasm never comes across on the interwebs. However, the Black Panthers armed march into the capital was was executed very well.

5. Vikingdad

Vikingdad New Member

I would disagree. The Black Panthers were successful to a certain degree in getting their movement into the press. It was not a positive image however. Some of the members quit the movement in protest over the direction that the leadership chose. Their armed march on the California State Capitol- right into the State Legislature- was outright thuggery (I am sure that one would not have to look very long or very hard to find some of the modern "Thug 4 Life" stuff to has its roots in the Black Panthers of the 1960's.) This is not the image that we, as gun owners, are seeking. This is why I disagree with Adam Kokesh's approach which is an armed march on DC. That is thuggery.

6. widowmaker

widowmaker New Member

If this can get organized, Im in.
    Health wise Im not in great shape for a march but I can hold signs and protest loudly.

7. Vikingdad

Vikingdad New Member

I would help you out if you need it. We gotta hang together or we will surely hang separately. (Apologies to Ben Franklin!)

8. widowmaker

widowmaker New Member

We need to get this organized if its going to happen. Being on a fixed income I have to plan way ahead for a trip like that. (and it's only 175 miles one way for me). Old car, little spare cash. But a very loud mouth when I'm pi**ed. I will recruit like minded folks up here if someone will just take the lead on this. Let me know.

9. widowmaker

widowmaker New Member

Any news on this

bump this up one time to see if theres any interest in doing the march. Time is running out people.

10. Russ661

Russ661 New Member

This site seems to be still rather new and not visited all that much. My suggestion would be to take this idea over to Calguns where it will get much more visibility. ;)