Indecicive

Discussion in 'Glock Forum' started by MustangBOSS9, Jan 8, 2012.

1. MustangBOSS9

MustangBOSS9 New Member

I'm trying to decide on my first Glock. I plan on using it for a CCW, home protection, and just going shooting. Kind of an all purpose firearm. I'm leaning towards a G23 gen4. Does anyone have any suggestions or things I should consider before I plunk down my hard earned cash? I know I need to try some out. I just want to hear any suggestions that you all have. Thanks

2. Quentin

Quentin New Member

The 23Gen4 is great, I love mine. But it could be a little big for every day CCW. Definitely consider the G27 for CCW, plus you can get a mag sleeve on a G23 mag and almost have both guns in one.

3. SGTMAC26

SGTMAC26 New Member

I personally carry my G23 daily without any issue. I've carried main other makes and models, but for me the G23 better fits my needs than any others.

4. MustangBOSS9

MustangBOSS9 New Member

Would there be much of an accuracy difference between the 23 and 27 since the 27 has a shorter barrel? I'm sure both will be more accurate than I can shoot for now seeing that it will be my first firearm. I will definitely have to do a bit of practicing.

5. Quentin

Quentin New Member

Very little accuracy loss with the G27. Personally, like SGTMAC26, I like the G23 better as an overall choice but was pointing out for CCW you might want to look at the G27. I have both and it's hard to decide which I'd choose if I could only have one. The Gen 4 G23 fits just right while the G27 is a little easier to conceal.

6. MustangBOSS9

MustangBOSS9 New Member

That's what I'm struggling with. The 23 feels perfect to me.but the 27 will conceal better. If I got the 23 I might be more inclined to leave it at home sometimes. Maybe I will need to eventually have both. Thanks guys.

7. Quentin

Quentin New Member

Yeah at first I thought I could get by with the G23 but ended up getting a G27 as well. And I have a really old G22. It's hard to have just one! :D

8. paulbrower

paulbrower New Member

I'm actually more accurate with my G27 than I am with my G17, which is full size. Granted the G17 is 9mm, but don't think that makes a difference for accuracy comparison. Point being that I can keep a 2" grouping at 30' with the G27.

Sent from my iPad using FirearmsTalk

9. firedawg60

firedawg60 New Member

I don't have a problem CCW with a G23. I rotate it with my G27 and S&W 586. No issues with any of them. And I feel the 23 would work well for HD also.

10. lyodbraun

lyodbraun New Member

Yea I'm looking to pick up a glock 27 as well , I have the
    Gen4 23 as well like many say you can't have too many lol

11. Glockpotion23

Glockpotion23 New Member

Trust me, i have a gen3 G23 and she's my baby:D. I ccw with her everyday and have zero issues. If your lookin for the "perfect" glock, IMO the G23 is your gun. With that being said, you cant go wrong with any Glock, even the G27:rolleyes:. I am thinking about getting a 27 but not sure if really want a sub-compact. I am a compact type gun guy so the 23 is just right for me. I am really thinkin about gettin another 23 or another 30sf(once i purchase). Bottom line is whichever one you choose will be a great pick...get the 23;)

12. Quentin

Quentin New Member

I felt the same way until I found a good deal on a used G27 that I just couldn't pass up. They grow on you quick. I love the little guy! With the Pearce +1 pinky grip you have 11 rounds of .40 caliber in a very small package. With the G23 mag and mag sleeve you basically have a G23.

13. Delmonte67

Delmonte67 New Member

I have owned many hand guns iin my lifetime, but i have to say the one that never leaves my hip for my ccw is the glock27, this little .40 caliber powerhouse is highly concealable and packs some serious knockdownpower especially with hollowpoint ammo. This little weapon is deadly accurate too! Here's a guy named Hickock45 who puts out some amazing vids check out a few of his other Glock27 vids- it's his favorite glock of all! D. [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nntSncdpaoI&feature=youtube_gdata_player[/ame]

Last edited: Jan 9, 2012
  14. lyodbraun

lyodbraun New Member

I like that guys videos... I wish I had a back yard like that LOL...

15. Delmonte67

Delmonte67 New Member

It's every gun lovers dream backyard setup ! He's an awesome guy and reviews alot of guns. He's a school teacher and part time sherriff from Tennessee I subscribe to his vids and get a new one every couple of days in my email. Really cool.

16. MustangBOSS9

MustangBOSS9 New Member

I thought the 27 was going to be the one until I handled them side by side. The 23 just felt a little better with the longer grip. I realize I can put an extension on the 27. Sounds like I just need to go back and try them in holsters and find a place to shoot them. We will see. I will post when I finally make up my mind. Probably just over analyzing it to death. Thank again for the input.

17. Delmonte67

Delmonte67 New Member

Don't worry bro, your not over analizing, you just wanna get what truly makes you happy before you spend a decent amount of cash. I totally understand! Oh, just one more video for ya! Lol! [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A709ZuVqafY&feature=youtube_gdata_player[/ame]. Good luck! D.

Last edited: Jan 9, 2012
  18. MrWray

MrWray New Member

I think that your making a better choice,my first Glock was a 23c. They conceal very well

19. Quentin

Quentin New Member

Last I heard Hickok45 likes the G23 a little better than the G27. So do I, but there's a place for both in my house.

20. MustangBOSS9

MustangBOSS9 New Member

What ammo do you all recommend for CC/practice and for just shooting for fun? Is there anything I should stay away from in the .40 with a Glock? Someone told me the .40 is real temperamental to reload, not that I will do it in the near future, but it is in the back of my head to try someday.