Incredable Exploding S&W 629

Discussion in 'General Handgun Discussion' started by DrGonzo11, Nov 11, 2009.

1. DrGonzo11

DrGonzo11 New Member

Got this in an e-mail claiming that the sender was an officer of some kind and that a man with a badly gashed up face brought this into his department for disposal, said he was trying a new load out....... What a moron....

Attached Files:

2. CA357

CA357 New Member Supporter

I had a 6" 629, it handled anything I fed it without a glitch. That guy must be a moron.

3. DrGonzo11

DrGonzo11 New Member

Nice, that m1 picture makes me want to cry......

4. FCross7

FCross7 New Member

That sucks. Double charge maybe?

-Fred

5. JonM

JonM Moderator

would love to see down the barrel. could be light load in one bullet lodged and next shot *BOOM*. thats always my fear of revolvers. semi-autos a light load wont cycle the weapon with a bullet lodged. had that happen on my sig once. had to pound the bullet out of the barrel with a punch. next shot woulda blew the gun up. but if the weapon doesnt cycle i check the barrel. :)

Last edited: Nov 13, 2009
  6. WILDCATT

WILDCATT New Member

blown

I had a rem 45 colt that blew the top strap off.welded a piece of carbon steel on and shot it for long time.had a 32/20 S&W that had a chamber blown
    welded the chamber and cut new locking notch shot it with 5 shot.:rolleyes:

7. M14sRock

M14sRock New Member

Hmm...I wonder how that S&W lifetime guarantee would handle this one.

8. spittinfire

spittinfire New Member Supporter

I just bought a 629....remind me not to shoot his loads.

9. OC357

OC357 New Member

OMG....

No other comments.

OC

10. Txhillbilly

Txhillbilly Active Member

This story is bogus,and has circulated on several other gun forums. When the person that wrote about the accident was questioned about the said injuries and to show proof of his injuries he disappeared. Another person contacted S&W about it,and they were unaware of it even though the author of the post said he had been in contact with them about it.

Not that this doesn't happen from time to time. This story just didn't happen the way it was written or to the person that wrote it.
    Here's a link to another forum on the same thing.

KABOOM....Another Ouchy, S&W 629. - Page 5