Increasing the capacity of a P64

Discussion in 'DIY Projects' started by superc, Jul 17, 2019.

Tags:
  1. superc

superc Active Member

I truly wish this was my video, but it is definitely worth sharing with anyone who uses or contemplates using a Polish P64 service pistol. This easy to do at home modification of a Polish P83 magazine increases the capacity of a P64 to 8 rounds in the magazine.

W.T. Sherman likes this.
  2. W.T. Sherman

W.T. Sherman Well-Known Member

yeah, that is pretty slick. anybody that has a P64 or a MAKAROV can also make a drum using either a PPsh41 or a SUMOI drum :)

https://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/2013/11/06/magazine-makarov-pistol/

I've did a few DIY projects by taking a couple of magazines and attached them to drums, where no drums ever existed for those guns.

as long as the drum is the same caliber as the gun, it can be done, just take a little patients and some ingenuity to accomplish those kinds of things

I've made a drum feed tower for my SLR 106 AK, by taking the top of a TAPCO GALIL/GOLANI 5.56 mag spliced it to the bottom of a BETA M16 feed tower, using a couple of pieces of alumium flat stock, then attached it on a 100 round BETA drum.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 17, 2019

3. W.T. Sherman

W.T. Sherman Well-Known Member

this one was just a bit more involved to make, a drum for my PPS 43.

I took a PPsh41 drum and cut down a PPS43 mag. since the drum is a single feed and the PPS43 is a double feed, I had to put a spacer in the feed tower. then I had the feed tower welded to the top of the drum

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

towboater likes this.