Incendiary Rounds

Discussion in 'Ammunition & Reloading' started by PeteZaHut, Apr 7, 2011.

1. CourtJester

CourtJester Well-Known Member

Never used them but have heard that they aren't real good for the barrel. That's just hear-say though.

2. orangello

orangello New Member

3. PeteZaHut

PeteZaHut New Member

Wow, that website's got some wild stuff. They're exotic shotgun shells sound crazy.

4. orangello

orangello New Member

I have not yet ordered from them, but i do want to try some 12 guage confetti shells.

5. PeteZaHut

PeteZaHut New Member

haha, reminds me of the old harlem globetrotters trick with the bucket of confetti. Probably wouldn't go over very well if they used a shotgun

6. PeteZaHut

PeteZaHut New Member

do yall think it would be dangerous to use those "Devastator" incendiary pistol rounds for SD? Obviously, it's bad if any stray bullet hits somebody, what about those kind of bullets?

7. orangello

orangello New Member

If i ever have to shoot somebody in SD, i want to be using ammo that is commonly available and commonly used for SD, so i won't look like i was "hunting" a criminal to set up or anything.

I think the odd rounds should be saved for target/plinking use.

8. Catfish

Catfish New Member

Orangello, why not make your own loads? I have made them by simply putting paper in place of the shot. If you try, use news paper cut in squares about 1 in. on a side, smaller stuff just can`t be seen.

9. c3shooter

c3shooter Administrator Staff Member

FWIW, Smokey the Bear is still pizzed at me for all the military ranges I have burned off, using tracer, HE, WP, and APIT ammo.

Now, unless you are hunting NORTH of Point Barrow, or have your very own military post where brush fires are your own business, I would urge EXTREME caution in the use of ANY of the above bits of nastiness. In addition to trying to explain to the jury WHY the burglar is a smoking pile of ..... former burglar, I do believe that if you start a fire, you are responsible for the cost of putting it out, and the damage that it does.

I assisted in a claims investigation a year ago from such an event. The bill was over $6 million. Think hard about it.

Last edited: Apr 7, 2011
  10. PeteZaHut

PeteZaHut New Member

would you think it's as dangerous in an urban setting? What happens if one of those things hits a wall?

11. c3shooter

c3shooter Administrator Staff Member

Then a fireman beats you with his axe. You DID notice the axes? :rolleyes:

12. Gadget

Gadget New Member

For what it's worth

I made the local PD very unhappy with this question about incendiary ammo. "If it burns so hot that it removes all traceable marks on the bullet and cauterizes the wound track, can any analysis be admissible in court?" I was told to remove myself from the break-room forthwith.

13. cpttango30

cpttango30 New Member

Ok Tracer is WAY different than incendiary ammo.

Tracers ammo has some phosphours on the azz end of the bullet. Not a big deal they are hell on dry grass and weeds though. I spent many a days on Fort Hood Chasing fires at 4mph on a D7 NOT FUN NOT FUN AT ALL.

Incendiary ammo is made to hit something and burn a hole in it or cause massive damage to soft targets inside the big heavy target. IE shooting at troop carriers.

14. orangello

orangello New Member

I brought up the tracer rounds as a "easier to explain to a cop" idea.

"I was having trouble sighting it in." vs. "Ummmmmmmm...I was varmint hunting and wanted the possums to have a hot meal?"