Incendiary Ammo available?!!

Discussion in 'Ammunition & Reloading' started by bluez, Sep 15, 2017.

1. bluez

bluez Well-Known Member

2. MisterMcCool

MisterMcCool Well-Known Member Supporter

It says armor piercing

3. AZdave

AZdave Active Member

Not a new idea. President Reagan and Brady were shot with devasatator (sp) bullets in 22.
    I think I read that these are illegal in some states.

I don't think I would use the 357 in a lever action.

4. Dallas53

Dallas53 Well-Known Member

for the price of the ammo, and simply being something i consider a gimmick round, that under most circumstances isn't practical, i'll have to pass on it.

5. c3shooter

c3shooter Administrator Staff Member

I see they also have Chinese steel core 7.62 for a buck a round.

I'm rich! I'm wealthy! I'm independent! I'm financially secure!

Just a word from a guy that has probably set more military firing ranges on fires than all the pyromaniacs put together- like tracer, incendiary starts fires. You are legally and FINANCIALLY responsible for fires you start, including the cost of putting out a forest fire, and the value of timber lost. Have you seen what the hourly rental rate is on a tanker airplane or helicopter?

6. Chainfire

Chainfire Well-Known Member Supporter

Arson is more likely to get you long-term prison time than murder. It would be hard to argue that the fire you set wasn't intentional. If you used it in a self-defense situation then you would be treated and tried as a monster, regardless of the situation.

That aside, it is illegal to use in my state.

7. Balota

Balota ... but I used to play keyboards.

It's illegal in a lot of states. Check your laws before buying. Check again before using.

8. Daoust_Nat

Daoust_Nat Well-Known Member Supporter

It is not allowed at all the indoor ranges around here, and the outdoor range I belong ip.I believe though I am not sure, that it is illegal in Florida. Also in agreement with C3 and Chain, I will pass.

9. SSGN_Doc

SSGN_Doc Well-Known Member

I don't know of any targets I need to set on fire from the inside.

10. Balota

Balota ... but I used to play keyboards.

As a submariner? I would have thought all of them! :D:p :pot stirrer:

Last edited: Sep 16, 2017
    Dallas53 likes this.
  11. mikld

mikld New Member

Ummm, nope. Mebbe if I was ever in a "Red Dawn" situation (not likely), but I live in Oregon and if they are legal, I would never shoot any outdoors...

12. anm2_man

anm2_man Member

Legendary rounds are a HOOT to SHOOT ! I only shoot them at any of the Big Sandy MG shoots. The staff there has placed hundreds of HEAVY Steel barrels through out the range, some are out beyond 800 yards. Its the best way to know that you really hit the target. They are not cheap and I would never run them the .308 beltfed, but for the M1A it works great. The Main reason you can shoot them there, they have their own Fire department to take care of the fires !

bluez likes this.