Impulse buys?

Discussion in 'General Rifle Discussion' started by kaido, Aug 12, 2013.

1. kaido

kaido New Member

So we all know we're guilty of it. You walk into a store with the intent of buying maybe $100.00 or less worth of things, but then you see something.

Next thing you know, you're sitting I'm your car with a new gun. Today mine was a .22 Henry lever action. All I wanted was a set of 30-06 dies, .30 cal bullets and some brass. Ended up skipping the dies since the rifle won't be set for a week, but picked up the rifle.

So here's my question, what's one of the impulse buys you've found yourself with?

2. DrumJunkie

DrumJunkie New Member

Oh yeah I"m bad for that. Went to a local hardware store (also a FFL) to get some stain for a project I'm working on and walked out with a Bersa Thunder Ultra Compact Pro 45. Wife sees the receipt and says that was one expensive can of stain!!!!:eek:

3. DrFootball

DrFootball disappointed & disgusted, But DETERMINED... Lifetime Supporter

walked into the FFL for "his & her's" FEG .32ACP Walther PP clones,...and walked out with an AK pattern Semi-Auto 12Ga...

Wife should know when I say "$400" it should mean prepare to spend 3K...but we also got 2 Police trade in "92's"

4. Gatoragn

Gatoragn Active Member

A Colt Commander 9mm and. Sig 938. :eek:

Stopped a couple of weeks ago to check out Colt Umarex GC 1911 22, filled out the paperwork on a Beretta 92fs.

But they are mine now. :D

I jes cain't hep myself.

5. gr8oldguy

gr8oldguy New Member

I had one follow me home just a few weeks ago. All it took was holding it and bringing it up to my shoulder. It's a fun gun to shoot. good luck and enjoy

6. sputnik1988

sputnik1988 Active Member

I went to a gun show last fall with the intent of buying an upper for an AR15, I didn't end up finding anything I wanted at a price I was willing to pay, so I was leaving.

On one of the last tables beside the door sat a 1944 Mauser K98k. I just stopped to admire for a second and the guy shot me a price I couldn't walk away from because of some pitting in the bore, in very good shape other than that.

I promply handed him the cash and walked out with it :D

The pitting is inconsequential as I don't really shoot it much anyway and not over 75 yards or so.

Last edited: Aug 12, 2013
  7. eatmydust

eatmydust New Member

Weaklings!

I've never succumbed to the impulse to buy a gun, just because it was there in front of me.

Oh, wait a minute . . . . . . there was that one time with the Ruger P95 . . . . or was it the S&W LadySmith for my

wife . . . . no, it was definitely the SR9c that I really didn't need but . . . . . . . . .:eek:

8. kaido

kaido New Member

Bahaha!!

I showed this one to my girlfriend, she said that she wouldn't be the least bit mad if I did something like that.

I'm glad to hear I'm not the only one who can't resist a good deal when I see it.

9. therewolf

therewolf New Member

About half the guns in my collection...:(

10. longunner

longunner New Member

I went to the gun show in Syracuse this spring, expecting to help my brother find a mini 14 and maybe pick up some cool WWII stuff. He ended up leaving empty handed and I left with my Mossberg ATR

11. bigjim

bigjim New Member

Impulse buying, no I never do that. I was definitely going in to buy a Stoeger Cougar in 45 ACP when I ran into this.

[​IMG]

And the only reason I went into Cabela's was to unload a couple of old rifles for cash when I ran into this.

[​IMG]

But hell I never impulse buy (LOL).

Jim

12. DrFootball

DrFootball disappointed & disgusted, But DETERMINED... Lifetime Supporter

You need to come to Az. So you can show me how to shop like that!!!

13. kaido

kaido New Member

I won't lie, id love to own the bottom one. I've no clue what it is, looks a little like a high point, but with a bit of badas$ness thrown in. Haha

14. grandpubba

grandpubba Member

Doesn't everyone shop on impulse?

Last 4 guns were that way, colt/kimber/xdm and a wheel gun.

My worst, I went and cruised the parking lot of a truck dealership, didn't NEED a new ride, was just looking, several phone calls later, I was the proud owner of something I didn't need.

My best was woke up one morning decided I wanted a motorcycle, went to get my permit go ride then went and bought a bike, thankfully the salesman had a brain and made sure I didn't get something I wouldn't enjoy for awhile.

Speaking of impulse, anyone own a pontoon?

15. KG7IL

KG7IL Well-Known Member

Impulse buying? Never Happens! I've had that one for years.

16. kaido

kaido New Member

Damn.....I'm glad I don't randomly come home with a new vehicle from time to time. I think my bank would kill me. That's if my girlfriend didn't.

17. purehavoc

purehavoc New Member

Been there ;) . Oh you dont have what I want ? Lemme see that one over there

[​IMG]

18. kaido

kaido New Member

You trynna tell us that you never planned on eventually picking up a Kriss, because you know noone is going to believe that, don't you? Haha

19. Chainfire

Chainfire Well-Known Member Supporter

I don't have much of a problem with impulse buys. I have a budget to work with and generally shop for a specific item. I will, however, buy just about anything that I can buy for a nickle but sale for a dime.

20. grandpubba

grandpubba Member

Except the guns, those were in my single days.

I have a understanding with the current gf, so long as bills are paid savings is never touched, I've earned my money I'll spend it how I see fit, I expect nothing less from her.
    Meaning, the money she earns is hers to spend