Improvised Weapons

Discussion in 'Other Weapons' started by SGT-MILLER, Sep 19, 2008.

1. SGT-MILLER

SGT-MILLER New Member

What would be some good improvised weapons to use.

Let the brainstorming begin.:)

2. Dillinger

Dillinger New Member

Improvised Weapons - I actually studied this once. Pretty cool concept actually.

Assuming you aren't carrying your pistol or packing a pocket knife?

A handful of change, or your keys, will add some impact to a thrown punch.

I suppose the obvious broken glass bottle, but these days that would basically say beer bottle ( or a nice bottle of Thomas Kemper ). :)

Old school car antennas come off in a "snap" ( pun - zing ) and make a great improvised short range whip.

The "mail pickup" red flag off a mailbox should come off fairly well, and could be used to some effect. Still puts you "in range" of counter strike.

Any type of construction site, fairly common the last few years in most areas of the country, would lead you to rebar, 2x4's and lots of other "club" like weapons.

Trash cans are a good source of improvised weapons:

The lid off a soup can.

An Aluminum can, crinkled and twisted open, leaves a nice, sharp edge.

The plastic "clamshell" off a million packages sold in this day and age will lay an opponent open quite quickly if you care to close the distance.

Putting your cellphone, assuming you can't use it for it's intended purpose, and/or your keys into a pocket in your jacket can allow you a weighted, almost morningstar type of flail, to swing by the sleeves with effect to keep an attacker at bay.

Decorative rocks or bricks from a persons' front yard or garden. Used as a crude brass knuckle or club.

A small diameter branch, or limb off a sampling, can be easily torn off and used as a make shift riding crop or bullwhip if you run your hands up the shaft and remove most of the leaves to allow less aerodynamic resistance.

That's just off the top of my head from the classes, I will need to give it some thought and see what else I remember...

JD

3. SGT-MILLER

SGT-MILLER New Member

I'm curious about the tightly rolled up magazine. Saw it in Borne Conspiracy, and wondering how effective that really is.

4. DuckA

DuckA New Member

I've always thought that a bush axe would be a hell of a weapon to get after someone with.

[​IMG]

5. dragunovsks

dragunovsks New Member

I'm gonna go with the "Full Metal Jacket" theme, tube sock with a bar of soap in it. Or, even worse, a tube sock full of change. Oh, man I chuckled readin that.

Wow, were'd you come up with that list, Dillinger. Well, someone here doesn't need a gun to survive.
    It's always a pleasure reading your posts, never know when your gonna say something funny

My father-in-law nearly got in a tussle with a guy in the wal-mart parking lot over a parking space. The other guy started it, anyway he grabbed what was available in the bed of his Ranger. An 8 foot fishing pole. He said it was either that or a 2-ton hydraulic jack handle, of course he could have just threw the jack itself at him.

Last edited: Sep 19, 2008
  6. Boris

Boris New Member

I worked last year in Paris with a French bodyguard who always had a log thin surgical probe behind the left lapel of his Georgio Armani suit.....:cool:

7. mpoirier22114

mpoirier22114 New Member

anything and everything in the immediate area is to be used to finish your opponent off as quick as possible, that being said a shovel would work good too:D

8. Dillinger

Dillinger New Member

Thanks for kudos bro - we have several really good contributors here, I just try to keep up with the level that is set.

I actually studied improvised weapons as part of a self defense combat seminar that was taught by former military types and martial artists back in the early 90's.

They went through all kinds of things in daily life that could be used if you found yourself in the worst possible scenario.

I need to take a walk around the sub division with the dog today anyways, I will see what I can remember and find - perhaps post some more later.

JD

9. dragunovsks

dragunovsks New Member

I saw a Jacki Chan movie once, I don't remember which one, but he used an extension ladder to fight a guy.

10. Dillinger

Dillinger New Member

If you think Jackie Chan is impressive check out this guy.

JD

11. matt g

matt g New Member Supporter

They scare the hell out of my dog.

12. robocop10mm

robocop10mm Lifetime Supporting Member Lifetime Supporter

Steel toed boot. Roll of Nickles in the fist. Rock. Set of keys used as a flail, especially if attached to a Kubotan or 8" loop of para cord.

13. glockfire

glockfire New Member

My favorite everyday Improvised weapon....the credit card. By holding it in the hand and slighty bending it, it becomes a wonderful edged weapon.

14. Scare_Rab

Scare_Rab New Member

Feces / faeces, or 'fæces' - as a weopon

I once lived in a house that had a resident Monkey. Having been rescued from a research labratory, this beast had been damaged, wearing old surgical scars on his head, as if brain surgery had been performed. It was very fearful of new people and loved to drink alcohol. This primate would swoop down on any suspecting visitors, grab their beer bottle, then flee to the heights of the wooden pole home, guzzling the beer: It's paranoia would then rocket out of control.

Point is: Improvised weopon? This Monkey would defecate in its own palm & then throw the self-produced faeces ...then taking advantage of the distracton to steal beer and flee. Could happen in an instant AND remarkably effective. People's reaction to faECES headed their way was always to duck, complain bitterly : focus totally on themselves and NOT their attacker.

I've since thought that *if the **** REALLY hit the fan*.... wouldn't similiar tactics provide perfection distraction for either a pre-emptive strike or a cut & run?

I know my body easily provides me with the necesary in times of terror. My early life was an education in *not "****ting myself" when faced with attacker(s)

I do accept tho that this concept is SO not macho ...tuff.

Also, I lived for many years in a Tropical climate, wearing shorts + thus having 'easy access' to such supplies. Down here in the BRrrrrrrr cold,,,jeans and belts make the scenario less simple.

15. Boris

Boris New Member

When I was a cop I got a call to a burglary at a pub out of hours. I found the guy hiding in the toilets, as I walked up to arrest him he turned round and pizzed all over me and the dog (I was a dog handler), and thought it very funny.......but eventually he ran out of pizz and it was time for me and the dog to chuckle!.................:)

16. jeepcreep927

jeepcreep927 New Member

One of the most effective "always with you" improvised weapons I have seen is a common leather trouser belt. I have seen run of the mill punks use them pretty effectively twice now. Mostly by using it as a flail and striking with the buckle end.

A guy I work with who is very heavily into defense and all kinds of martial arts can do some pretty sick things with one, aside from the obvious whipping effect. In training he absolutley wrecked another guy with a knife by using the belt to trap and manipulate the other dudes arms, head and neck until he was subdued. That of course opened him up to my buddies strikes and other scary things.

17. cbw

cbw New Member

Lets not forget the good old rock! Hubcaps are fairly sharp and easy to pull off. Along the highway there always is some recap that flew off and they have steel wire in them to cut or make a good shield against knifes. Your belt buckle is good as you swing it.

18. glockfire

glockfire New Member

Haha, this would make a great plot for a family guy episode.

19. Scare_Rab

Scare_Rab New Member

The "ole Ball Point pen"

The "ole Ball Point pen" causes an awful lot of pain when forced into any one of many tender spots. Useful considering many of us work in offices wth "public access". * AND* all's we really want is for that mongrel to be letting go of whomsoever they have a hold of.

(Doesn't look bad on the security tape either; that's a bonus)

Remember tho --- if it were an Eyeball ; that'd be "deadly force"

20. Mark F

Mark F New Member Supporter

Metal can lids are super sharp and cause bad infections within hours. Virtually any tool makes a great weapon.

Last edited: Oct 23, 2008