Impressed with the wife's new XD 9mm sub-compact !!

Discussion in 'XD Forum' started by Wrecked, Feb 26, 2012.

1. Wrecked

Wrecked New Member

The wife and I went shopping for a CHL gun for her yesterday and after trying every gun in the case for fit she asked to see the XD 9mm sub-compact and fell in love with it on the spot.

We went to the range today to put some rounds down range and I was blown away with the out of the box accuracy the XD has. 2" groups at 3 and 7 yards and about a 4" group at 12 yards. I am sure she will get better at the 12 yard with more practice.

The only draw back to the XD I can see is I may have to retire my Glock and get a XD for myself, lol.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 6, 2012
  2. pioneer461

pioneer461 New Member

Excellent choice. I have similar performance from my XD .40 sub-compact. After years of avoiding polymer, striker guns, I finally bought one and absolutely love it. It immediately became my go-to carry gun.

You demonstrated great judgment in your wife choosing which gun works best for her. Too many times we hear about someone looking for a mouse gun "for the little woman."

3. silverado113

silverado113 New Member

They are nice. I can't wait to get my hands on their XDS model.

4. XxChino13xX

XxChino13xX New Member

Congrats on the XD, can't go wrong with it, thats for sure. My fiancée loves shooting my XD-40 & XDM-40, she wants the XDM-40SC for her carry gun, makes me all warm and fuzzy inside thinking about it, so proud lol

5. chazzy

chazzy New Member

Congrats on a well made decision!!!! I've got the xd9 sub and couldn't be happier. I've carried it quite a few times and after the 2nd or third time, I forgot it was there....congrats again

6. Wrecked

Wrecked New Member

Target 1 from last weekend, not too bad.

image-654571561.jpg

7. chazzy

chazzy New Member

Very nice grouping, Wrecked!!!! I'm thinking I'm gonna go to the range in about an hour or so....after I order another 16 round mag

8. Cazper23

Cazper23 New Member

Very nice, I'm picking up my xdm 9mm 3.8 friday. Can't wait to kill some paper with it saturday

9. Wrecked

Wrecked New Member

I wish I could take credit for that grouping, but that was the wife's handy work :)

10. BenLuby

BenLuby New Member

Then you better make sure to keep mamma happy. She's got one hell of an eye.

11. Balota

Balota ... but I used to play keyboards.

I have one of those. Very nice gun. Shoots a lot better than I do :) . Brand new some of the parts are extremely tight/stiff (mag release and slide lock release especially). Run a few hundred rounds through it and it'll loosen up just fine (and so will you!!!)

12. Oblivion9

Oblivion9 New Member

Currently wearing one as I type. Love it.

13. Cazper23

Cazper23 New Member

Nice ill be putting a couple hundered rounds through put the weekend :) ill post some pics over weekend of it and how much better it shoots then me lol