Importing from South Africa

Discussion in 'Legal and Activism' started by Ploofy, Nov 30, 2011.

1. Ploofy

Ploofy New Member

Kay, so I got a friend who may be giving me a NTW-20, and possibly another rifle. Problem is, he has them in Africa, where he works as a private contracter. Is it possible for him to send them to me at all? And if so, what exactly do I need to do?

2. robocop10mm

robocop10mm Lifetime Supporting Member Lifetime Supporter

You would need to contact an importer about the procedure. Fees and waits will likly make the proposition VERY expensive. I am not familiar with the NTW-20 but it had better be an extremely expensive gun to make it worth while

3. robocop10mm

In looking at the NTW-20, it is a 20mm anti materiel rifle. It will be considered a destructive device and will open a whole other can of worms to get it into the US. It is posible to do, but expensive and time consuming.

4. Ploofy

Ploofy New Member

So would it be possible to get it sent to a dealer and then transferred to me? Or send it in parts? And if there's anything in a smaller caliber, would that still open the can of worms?

Last edited: Dec 1, 2011
  5. robocop10mm

Anything larger than .50 caliber is considered a Destructive Device and is in a class all by its self. 20mm is an anti-tank round (not really suited to modern tanks) and at least a long range anti-material round. It will easily disable a truck at 2000 meters.

All you can do is inquire with an importer to see if they think it is feasible. A licensed importer will have a much better grasp on what is allowed and how much that is going to cost.

6. Ploofy

Ploofy New Member

Oh, yeah. Ammo would be annoying to buy anyways.