Important keys

Discussion in 'The Club House' started by NGIB, Jan 25, 2011.

1. NGIB

NGIB New Member

The Shift key allows you to capitalize the first letter of a sentence (or proper noun). The Space bar allows you to put a space between words and sentences. The Enter is rarely necessary when posting a thread.

Just saying...

2. Squirrel_Slayer

Squirrel_Slayer New Member

Are there any particular offenders you would like to call out on proper punctuation and grammar?

3. lonyaeger

lonyaeger New Member

*****NERVOUS*****:eek:

4. danf_fl

danf_fl Retired Supporter

And Binary is hard to decipher. :)

5. Yunus

Yunus New Member

Oh go don't start that again. Im on my phone for a while and it will be a pain to translate.

6. cpttango30

cpttango30 New Member

I will refrain from posting everything in binary for Yunus...

but when you hit
    the enter key after
    every fourth or fifth
    word it makes it so
    much easier to read.Don't
    you think so?i know
    i think that way.You
    should think that
    way to_Or else
    your stupid.

7. Davyboy

Davyboy New Member

WOW Tango she is Hot Hot Hot Hot Hot Hot

8. Squirrel_Slayer

A little thick, but yes, she's smokin.

9. Davyboy

Davyboy New Member

Trust me Squirrel that is all woman. 00 is no more than a scarecrow

10. Squirrel_Slayer

I like em pretty fit, like the gal in my avatar, Vida Guerra. I bet she has perfect grammar and spelling when she types.

11. Davyboy

Davyboy New Member

Yea right when was the last time you lusted after a girl for her " grammar and spelling " :rolleyes:

12. Squirrel_Slayer

Point well taken. It's usually the hind quarters that catch my eye. Ha ha. Education is important too. I prefer they don't communicate like they have lived on a beach their entire life or come from the worst "hood" in your town.

13. NGIB

NGIB New Member

Y'all are having fun with this; however, I think it's important. The liberal gun haters already consider us a bunch of illiterate neanderthal's - why play into their hands by not even forming a complete sentence with punctuation and capitalization?

You can ask the best, most intelligent question in the world and if you do it in a run on sentence with no punctuation or capitalization - very few folks will take you seriously. Yes, this is the interwebz, but that's no excuse for being a functional illiterate.

Folks, I was no kidding a high school dropout - but I realized that the ability to form a decent sentence may actually serve me well someday. If you want credibility - at least try...

14. Squirrel_Slayer

I agree with you whole heartedly. Maybe we had gotten a little off tangent there for a bit, but I thought this was more of a personal irritation for you. Some folks have the worst spelling in the world. I can't say that mine has always been one hundred percent correct the whole time. You do have a valid point in that we should present ourselves in a professional and intelligent matter.

15. Squirrel_Slayer

And for the record, I am a neanderthal.

16. NGIB

NGIB New Member

Hell, my kids have called me "Hungry Bear" since they were old enough to speak and I really am a high school dropout (and a transplanted redneck).

Like it or not - each of us that form the armed citizenry are ambassadors for the cause. What caused this is at least a half dozen new threads started today without a single capital letter in them - is it so difficult to press the freaking shift key? I do it even when I'm texting on my phone (which is about once every blue moon)...

17. lonyaeger

lonyaeger New Member

"Wholeheartedly" would be all one word. And your post should have been two paragraphs at the minimum.

18. lonyaeger

lonyaeger New Member

"Neanderthal".....capitalized. Proper noun.

19. Squirrel_Slayer

Never said I was perfect, but I did state that I make an effort to sound like I have something of an edumacation Professor Lon.

20. NGIB

NGIB New Member

Throttle back Lon, the focus for today is the shift key...