Impact weapons

Discussion in 'Other Weapons' started by SecPro, Dec 13, 2010.

1. SecPro

SecPro New Member

How many of you carry any kind of impact weapons? I didn't see any threads pertaining to this. Things like kubatons, ASPs, etc? I am a fan of everything EDC from knives guns etc. Just about anything I can use for SD. I'd like to hear what some of you carry and I will share some of mine.

2. c3shooter

c3shooter Administrator Staff Member

Carried a keychain Kubotan for years. TSA finally figured out what it was.

When I was working, used to carry a baton (short guy, extended my reach) Working in civvies, carried a blackjack. (lead, covered in leather, NOT for head strikes, but did well on sternum, knees, etc)

I am no longer concerned about disparity of force- I will ignore you unless you need shooting. I am not here to play, spar, or fence with a miscreant. My impact weapon now uses smokeless powder.

3. SecPro

SecPro New Member

I can understand that. I carry a S&W tactical pen up high as a force option, although I have no intention on rolling around or going hand to hand with you. I have a kubaon in my maratac tacfolio (murse). TacFolio Travel Organizer by Maratac Extreme

I equipped the wife with a pink kubaton and a key chain sap JIC anything happens. Key sap was made from my buddy at Welcome Page he makes awesome stuff!

In the truck I also keep an escrima stick on the driver side. Like I said I have no intentions on rolling around with anyone. I'm fat and got a ton of injuries. The quicker I can end the encounter the better, but I do like to be prepared!

4. CHLChris

CHLChris New Member

I know a lot of people carry a folding knife as part of their EDC tool belt. I carry a multi-tool, but have no plans to ever get physical. I have no skills and anybody willing to get into something with me would no doubt best me quickly.

I'm backin' up, backin' up. My daddy taught me good.
    [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eIs7OY4anao&feature=related]YouTube - BACKIN UP SONG - The Original Best REMIX by Schmoyoho[/ame]

5. SecPro

SecPro New Member

A knife is one of those normal things that everyone carries that's why I never brought it up. I carry 2 at times. One on the strong side and one on the weak. I defended against a gun grab before and that weak side carry came in pretty handy. Not many due it, but hey it is what it is.

Oh and that song and vid was the chit...

6. HKSlinger

HKSlinger Member

Funny video! I carried a roll of nickels till things got so tight. Damn economy left me defenseless:p

7. mark7980

mark7980 New Member

hi

I want to buy one medieval armor.so I am search online for this,I found this store.anyone has experience with them?
    http://medievalsaga.com.this is some information from them:
    Medieval Armor is a heavy metal dress with a metal helmet used to protect the knights and foot soldiers from scores during warfare war. today medieval armor use has been narrowed as a movie outfit or purpose. But whatever the purpose may be they have conquered the masses with their charisma.
    <a href="http://medievalsaga.com">medieval armor</a>

8. SecPro

SecPro New Member

So how about hitting the intro section and keeping posts on topic there bud...

9. CHLChris

CHLChris New Member

Look at SecPro policing his thread! Way to go, brothuh from anothuh mothuh. :D

10. SecPro

SecPro New Member

lol. these damn retards pop out of nowhere and start spewing trash for no reason.

11. dog2000tj

dog2000tj New Member

I carry a knife but it is more for work than anything else. But I don't like to discriminate so I would use just about anything I could get my hands on ;)

12. Ploofy

Ploofy New Member

I carry a knife with thumbstud whenever I'm going anywhere it's legal to have a knife, and have carried a boomstick when going scuba diving in areas where a shark may want me.

13. IGETEVEN

IGETEVEN New Member

Hi...

Get ya one of these T-shirts and wear it around. Works just as well as that suit of armor...and is much, much lighter!

Nobody will even bother you...;)

[​IMG]

14. Dillinger

Dillinger New Member

Jack, while I luv you like a brother, I am going to have to boycott your shirt because NO ONE needs to be doing the HEINZ family any favors.

Need I say more??

Attached Files:

15. orangello

orangello New Member

I don't carry anything special (other than the mandatory redneck lockblade clip-on), but i wear bigass shoes and would not be above smacking you silly with one or throwing one.
    :p

16. gatopardo

gatopardo New Member

Hey, where do you get those man? The gal looks dangerous

17. JonM

JonM Moderator

back in 2003 the last time i was on a plane i carried a roll of quarters. poor mans nucs.

18. DarinCraft

DarinCraft New Member

I carried a 30" ASP for a long time, but when I needed it the friction lock would fail after a couple of strikes and I would have one section of the telescopic sliding around. Then I was left with a useless tool I couldn't put down, couldn't really put away and to re-extend it, it had to be fully collapsed first. After that happened a couple of times, I put it back in the locker and got out our department issued 34" straight stick. Those worked every time, but were not convenient due to their size.

Our department at one point had the option for the deadblow baton, but after excessive force lawsuits and way too many serious injuries they dropped them. Those really worked, but they broke every bone they struck, even if the officer was not swinging hard.

If you are asking for personal carry make sure you check your laws. In CA it is a felony to carry an impact weapon and then another felony if you use it (unjustified of course).

19. doctherock

doctherock New Member

C3 I just love the way in which you reply. Straight to the point and humorous:D.

20. doctherock

doctherock New Member

When you say deadblow baton are you talking about the PR24? My old man was good with one of those.