Imminent Threat, What to Carry?

Discussion in 'Concealed Carrying & Personal Protection' started by Dizzll, Jul 27, 2011.

1. Dizzll

Dizzll New Member

Hey guys quick advice. Long story short, I started dating a girl who's ex is a crazy gangmember who has been to prison for attempted murder. I stopped seeing the girl just to avoid the whole situation and never responded to him in any way. I filed a report with police about his threats. He even sent me stuff on Facebook and text (got the number from the girls phone). So here's my question. Having a high likelihood of armed and multiple attackers coming for me, what is my best load-out option til this blows over? I have the following Glocks for consideration. G27,G23,G30,G19,G21.

I plan on carrying 2 at all times, but should I go for capacity (which is what I'm leaning towards cuz of multiple bad guys) or stopping power? Or just go 27/23 for synergy in caliber?

Crappy situation either way, advice welcome...

2. rigjumpr

rigjumpr New Member

First of all sorry to hear of your situation, second, a piece of paper (restraining order) will do nothing!
    As far as multiple targets remember, one pop each center mass.
    9mm, 40, 45 ( my pick) they all work.
    be safe......

3. Firearms4ever

Firearms4ever New Member

Sorry to hear about your current situation. I personally would choose either the .40 or my favorite the .45 ACP. I keep my Mossberg 500 always loaded at my house, because nothing say get out of my house like a 12 gauge, and a 1911.

4. rifleman1

rifleman1 New Member

g19 high capacity mags and very concealable.make sure you report every time contact is made by this guy just in case something does happen you have plenty of proof you were affraid for your safety.

5. FatPat

FatPat New Member

This. Frankly, I wouldn't leave the house without the 12g either.

6. ViNoM

ViNoM New Member

Probably too much information for an open forum...

7. user4

user4 New Member

Why do you say this?

8. IGETEVEN

IGETEVEN New Member

Yeah, you are right. What the hell. I think you should hunt down everyone of them sons-a-*****es, and kill them all! :rolleyes:

Use them damn Glocks! :cool:

9. Yunus

Yunus New Member

I think your best option is to avoid being alone whenever you can for a while. Safety in numbers.

10. user4

user4 New Member

Grow up, Jack. The thread never went that direction. Stay on topic or take a walk.

11. Sniper03

Sniper03 Supporting Member Supporter

I know the focus here is on weapons but one of the best weapons you have is securing your perimeter as well as around your vehicle to know if they are around while you are home or they are messing around your car. Get a Dakota MUR Alarm System with the portable receiver. They work for 2 miles. On portable receiver can monitor four separate area detectors and they are not that expensive. If they would activate one of the detectors it will advise which of the four zones is violated. I set a detector by my vehicle and trailer when I am at hotels and take the portable receiver which looks like a walkie talkie to my room. Anyone comes close to my vehicles during the night and it lets me know. I could see this as being invaluable in your situation. Not bad to have anytime. Then select the proper weapon and shoot straight. Most of them think their bad but they do not know what bad is!

12. IGETEVEN

IGETEVEN New Member

Is that a threat? :confused:

13. user4

user4 New Member

Nope. Not a threat.

Back to our regularly scheduled thread....

14. WDB

WDB New Member

Tough situation, if I was in that place in time my first thought would be to move. Even a dozen Glocks won't help you if you are faced with multipul attackers that will come for you when they see an opening. IMHO they (multipul attackers) will already have firearms in hand, even if you repel the attack and take out one or two it will just add fuel to the fire of the gang members. IMHO retreat is your best option, pack up the Glocks and move to a green zone.

15. ViNoM

ViNoM New Member

^^^^This!

I know the movies are not real life, but much can be gleaned...I have NEVER seen a movie where the hero who took a stand against a gang, did NOT end up DEAD in the end. :(

16. Firearms4ever

Firearms4ever New Member

Agreed 100%. It's a good thing to have armarment close at hand and plenty of it, but in this situation falling back to a safe area/location is your best option. I was in a situation somewhat similar to this back when I was in high school. I had dated a girl that had connections to a gang (which I was unaware of at the time), and when I broke up with her the gang threatened me constantly. Long story short I had two undercover armed guards following me around my high school for the rest of my high school career, and they knew not to try to confront me at my home, because even at that age I had a strong interest in firearms, and plenty of armarment in my house that I knew how to use.

17. user4

user4 New Member

Lots of wisdom here. Avoid confrontation. Move somewhere where gangs aren't an issue.

18. TimKS

TimKS Active Member Lifetime Supporter

I posted, or at least I thought I posted a tongue-in-cheek response on this thread......just trying to lighten up a serious situation a bit. Was my posted deleted?

19. user4

user4 New Member

You have no other post in this thread, so no. Nothing was deleted.

20. Mandy

Mandy New Member

If retreating is not an option, I carry a G23 with a 13rnd mag and 2 G22 15rnds mags as backup, with 44rnds at my disposal, I feel safer even with multiple attackers.
    I carry all that firepower when I feel that there may be some confrontation due my line of work and I practice a lot with my guns so using it becomes second nature.
    If I ever need to use my gun, it would be to cover my retreat, not to confront the attackers, but if I got cornered, then I feel I've a better chance of escaping from the situation with all that firepower and knowledge of how to properly use it.
    I also practice situational awareness all the time and watch where I park my vehicle and be careful all the time.
    Time to train more often with your guns until the situation defuses for good, it may take some time to get defused so never lower your guard in the next couple of years.
    Good luck