Selling my Beretta Cougar 8045 and buying a Colt Commander or similar Commander size 1911. I've been thinking about it and I prefer the slimmer profile and slightly longer barrel of a Commander. I don't lose capacity since the Cougar only holds 8 + 1 and I can get that in the Commander. The only problem is that the Beretta wouldn't pay for the new pistol, so I'd have to put it on layaway. The Cougar is a nice pistol. It's dependable and accurate and I just replaced the night sights as well. I hate the thought of taking a bath on it. I've got five mags and a new Don Hume Jit slide that would go with it too. I figure even with all that stuff, I can only get maybe $450 or so out of it. I guess I could sell the mags and the holster on the Beretta Forum and pick up a bit extra there. But that still doesn't pay for a Commander. Should I just keep it and try to love it, or should I get rid of it, bite the bullet and get the 1911?