I'm soooo mad!!

Discussion in 'The Club House' started by dnthmn2004, Feb 20, 2009.

1. JiroZero713

JiroZero713 Active Member

What the hell? You get taxed for driving?

That's some bull plop right there.

2. Benning Boy

Benning Boy New Member

I'm breaking out my tin foil hat, but does it seem like the government at every level is trying to bankrupt the country on purpose?

3. skullcrusher

skullcrusher New Member

Not the first time a mileage tax has been proposed. The more of your daily routine they can tax you for the better. Heck they started taxing nicotine and then pushed to make smoking illegal. :rolleyes:

4. dnthmn2004

dnthmn2004 New Member

The thing that pisses me off the most is I don't even use the tolls. Maybe once a year, if that. They are doing this to continue paying for the "Big Dig". For those of you who don't know what the "Big Dig" was, the "Big Dig" was the most expensive highway project in the U.S. Although the project was estimated in 1985 at $2.8 billion ($6.0 billion adjusted for inflation as of 2006), over $14.6 billion ($8.08 billion in 1982 dollars) had been spent in federal and state tax dollars as of 2006. A July 17, 2008 article in The Boston Globe stated, “In all, the project will cost an additional $7 billion in interest, bringing the total to a staggering $22 billion" according to a Globe review of hundreds of pages of state documents. It will not be paid off until 2038.
    My home town's main roads, and surrounding town's main roads, are so sh1tty, it would literally be a smoother ride on a dirt road. All because the "Big Dig" took priority over our roads for years and years.

Sorry for this HUGE gripe, but I haven't complained for a while.:rolleyes:

5. dnthmn2004

dnthmn2004 New Member

And I am absolutely going to fix my GPS unit if I get one.
    [​IMG]

6. Benning Boy

Benning Boy New Member

So if I can hack into my GPS and roll miles into the negative, do I get a refund?:confused:

7. hunter Joe

hunter Joe New Member

This tax puts my F-150 on the same level as those there hybrids. This is justice. I can haul all my gear all over the state and get charged the same tax as the guy that is driving that two seater go-cart. It's hard being green.

8. dragunovsks

dragunovsks New Member

Speaking of unbelievable taxes, I heard one morning on the Bob and Tom show the government was wanting to tax farmers for the mentane released by thier cattle. Because some people think that farting cattle causes depletion of the ozone layer. I don't know how far they got with the "Fart" tax but I hope it doesn't go through because between me and my pregnant wife, were ***ked!

9. user4

user4 New Member

This bill was shot down by Obama yesterday. Don't sweat it

10. roosterjuicer

roosterjuicer New Member

instead of having all these rediculous stimulus packages maybe the government shouldn't charge us so much for things that stimulate the economy like car ownership, property ownership, driving, buying things, making money, saving money, ect...

11. dnthmn2004

dnthmn2004 New Member

Thank you Obama. I think I just vomited a little