Im ready for fall. Had enough of the summer heat already.

Discussion in 'The Club House' started by PaBushMan, Jun 29, 2020.

1. PaBushMan

PaBushMan Well-Known Member

Got our hike in. And gathered brass, Found some 22TCM and 450 bush master brass. 1st time i came across those cartridges.

Rifling82 likes this.
  2. Hookeye

Hookeye Well-Known Member

Work supplies a hydration packet ( liquid or powder ). They are in every break area.
    Fork truck took out the drinking fountain by my machine. So i have to walk a little now LOL

Rifling82 likes this.

3. Hookeye

Hookeye Well-Known Member

Covid BS had me unable to be w kid at hospital yesterday for test. I was allowed in the cafe or garage....but no other seating allowed. Mom was with the kid so on one hrs sleep, after a hot day at work, i drove em down for the test (1 hr drive). So it was in the cafe for an hr, eat and check web, then go to garage and sweat for an hr hr two. Then back to cafe. 6 am to 330pm

Then drove home. I did NOT go to work.
    Am at work now and still not recovered.

Hopefully get some decent sleep and be OK to hit the range this weekend.

On the plus side.....the hospital food was actually decent LOL

Its warm tonight, but not as humid.

AC and margaritas sounds way better

4. c3shooter

c3shooter Administrator Staff Member Admin Moderator Lifetime Supporter

Been hot and humid here in central VA. But if I get up early, I can head down to the lake an annoy the fish, or go plink off the back deck. When it heats up about 1300, that is when having a basement is REAL good.

For folks that are working in the heat- I'm sorry- I'm not. You not only lose water and sodium, but potassium as well. Besides the Gator Aid, Sqwencher and other electrolyte drinks, add a glass of orange juice in the morning, and a banana. Lots of potassium.

As far as the never too hot to shoot in AZ- sorry, wanna pull my other leg? Had a large scale construction project about 20 miles west of Gila Bend- 2000 acre solar power plant. Flat as a ruler, only shade was directly under your hardhat. Had bottled water in trunk of car that was too hot to hold the bottle.

winds-of-change likes this.
  5. G66enigma

G66enigma Well-Known Member

Heck, that happens most anywhere the temps get above 90ºF. A car acts like an enclosed oven, retaining and building the heat. Been that way two or three days, so far, this year, where I live. Left a water bottle inside once, and it too was almost too hot to hold; definitely too hot to drink.

Once, years ago, I was in a spot that reached above 110ºF, where normally it was rarely above 80ºF. Was standing on a big asphalt parking lot for about half an hour (with friends, chatting), and found that the soles to my shoes had melted off the shoes themselves. You hear some refer to "Hot enough to fry an egg" ... but watching a pair of shoes become useless just by standing there is strange.

Nicely, given that it's July, each day is shorter until the end of the year. That's something.

6. Bigcountry02

Bigcountry02 Coffee! If your not shaking, you need another cup Supporter

Would love some range time; however, with COVID and the fact replacing spent ammo with new ammo is slim to none. Most of the shops are sold out! The only ammo is probably Bird Shot! The City range is open with COVID Wellness Check First, Face Covering requirement and the standard range safety protocols!

ellis36 likes this.
  7. PaBushMan

PaBushMan Well-Known Member

90's all week ahead. Including today. Good week to org the reloading room. I started to cull out my not so pretty brass lol. Also bought a higher stool for at the bench. Im thankful i started reloading. Ammo issues none. :D