I'm Not A Ninja

Discussion in 'General Handgun Discussion' started by WannaGator, Jun 15, 2010.

1. WannaGator

WannaGator New Member

I see this again and again in movies and every time doubt its validity, the guy who shoots (2) semi-auto handguns simultaneously kill hoardes of the "evil" fellers.

I know some cowboys shot (2) revolvers as they had less capacity than todays autos.

Is firing (2) firearms either a revolver & a semi-auto or (2) semi-auto handguns is this practical/tactical?

Can this technique be taught/learned?

2. suprdave

suprdave New Member

They teach it in ninja class...:D

3. Dillinger

Dillinger New Member

I believe you are referring to the FAMOUS instance of DUAL WIELDING. :)

Attached Files:

4. danf_fl

danf_fl Retired Supporter

working on the basics (sight alignment, breath control, trigger pull, and follow through), the technique can be learned. A person should be kind of proficient with shooting with both hands, but not necessarily at the same time.

5. Gatekeeper

Gatekeeper New Member

I don't really think dual wielding pistols accomplishes much besides look cool for the movies.
    Maybe some of the more experienced members on here can do it well, I just wasted bullets the couple times I tried it.

Aw heck if someone wants to send me another 1911 I'll give it another try and let you know the results:D

6. NewGunz

NewGunz New Member

Awesome. Haha!

7. danf_fl

danf_fl Retired Supporter

You have only one? (friendly kidding, of course)

8. russ

russ New Member

I've tried it a few times. My first carefully aimed shot usually isn't too bad. But from then on, it's just a waste of good ammunition.;)

I'm sure with patience and an abundance of ammunition, it could be learned. But there's probably a reason you never see anyone who is for real teaching this method. Besides Mr. White and the Master Chief, of course.:D

9. Flat4sti

Flat4sti New Member

I duel wielded my buddies fn 57's and it was $20.00 well spent.

10. Shihan

Shihan Active Member Lifetime Supporter

It can easily be done, if you have pistols that point as well as a Sigma.:D
    All you do is point and shoot, down go the targets.

11. sweeper22

sweeper22 New Member

I know of a place in Idaho where such skills can be acquired.

[​IMG]

12. gorknoids

gorknoids New Member

Carry a double-stack. It leaves one hand free for holding a beer, or a nunchaku.

13. ScottA

ScottA FAA licensed bugsmasher Lifetime Supporter

In an episode of Shooting Gallery, Ed Head of Gunsite demonstrates using two gun shooting with two Ruger LCP's. In a small caliber, short ammo supply situation; he believes it is an appropriate tactic at times.

14. WannaGator

WannaGator New Member

Wow ScottA I'd like to see that demo.

Once I git the guns outta hock I'm gonna give the point shooting with (2) guns a try.

15. ScottA

ScottA FAA licensed bugsmasher Lifetime Supporter

I found a piece of the show on the web, but I can't find the segment where he demonstrated it.

16. cpttango30

cpttango30 New Member

remember to do this you have to have 5.11 tactical pants in black. 2 drop holster and your pistols must be glocks with rails and the light laser camera on it. You must wear an under armor shirt that is 2 sizes to small. Gloves are a must as well as a sweat band and two sets of black handcuffs. Also spring for a Level 1 vest then get some camo duct tape and tape extra trauma plates to the front and back making sure to double them up in case someone takes a shot at you while leaving your job at the Mall.....

17. KalashnikovJosh

KalashnikovJosh New Member

If the idea behind 'dual weilding' pistols is volume of fire,why not use Center Axis Relock instead?

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jDYBcys0aL4&feature=related]YouTube - C.A.R. System - "Krash" 18 rounds under 4 seconds[/ame]

18. Dillinger

Dillinger New Member

Actually, I think the idea behind dual wielding pistols is to engage multiple targets at the same time. :rolleyes:

And why would you EVER buy a Glock?? C.A.R. system or not. :eek:

19. KalashnikovJosh

KalashnikovJosh New Member

I've never bought a glock.
    Some people like 'em.

I dont like plastic much.

And I dont know how feasible it is to try to fire two weapons in two different directions or at two different targets at the same time,and hit what your shooting at.

That would take a ninja at the very pinnacle of his skills in the art of ninjutsu-the Mall Ninja.

Last edited: Jun 16, 2010