I'm new to glock

Discussion in 'Glock Forum' started by xdm11chad, Jul 24, 2012.

1. xdm11chad

xdm11chad New Member

I bought a gen 3 glock 23c for my birthday, we'll actually my wife did so anything I need to know about this particular handgun? I'm taking it out this weekend to shoot the snot outta it:) my main reason for this gun will be carry and home defense

2. rigjumpr

rigjumpr New Member

happy birthday.
    Sight picture, sight alignment and trigger control. That should do ya.

3. mountainman13

mountainman13 New Member

No cast lead bullets, jacketed only.
    Keep your finger away from the trigger until you're ready to fire.
    That's about it.

4. vincent

vincent New Member

5. xdm11chad

xdm11chad New Member

Any suggestion on 40 ammo for defense

6. KeysKelly

KeysKelly New Member

Every gun will like different ammo. Even two guns of the exact same make and model made at the same time with serial numbers just one digit apart can like different ammo's. Best thing to do is pick a few that have good reputations and shoot a box of each through your gun. I few I would suggest to try are Golden Saber, Gold Dot, Hydra-Shok, Ranger-T, Hornady Critical Defense or CorBon.

My personal favorite for a .40 is 165 grain Golden Saber but try them all yourself and see what your gun likes, what you like and what you shoot well out of your gun. It will be a costly experiment but one that could save your life. Plus, it's fun.

7. StoneCat

StoneCat New Member

I use Winchester bonded pdx-1. My Glock 21sf runs it with no trouble.
    If I'm at the range, I'll run Remington UMC, and I've run Hornady critical defense. Both with no problems.

If day if you try ANY brand/load/etc. run a box through your Glock @ the range BEFORE you try it under duress...

8. broke-again124

broke-again124 New Member

I use 140 gr corbon dpx for my 23. And my sig 226.

9. cj84

cj84 New Member

Glock eats anything you feed it think of austin Powers fat basterd get n ma belly thats a glock

10. pagj17

pagj17 New Member

Except reloads...

11. rigjumpr

rigjumpr New Member

Let me say that when I mentioned sight picture, sight alignment and trigger control I was trying to relay that other than controlling the Glock you should have no problems. Once again sense of humor does not come across very well.

12. xdm11chad

xdm11chad New Member

Thanks everyone I'm hitting the range this weekend I'll be back with a range report and best ammo choice for my fat bastard haha

13. xdm11chad

xdm11chad New Member

Well forget the range I'm sick with a fever and upset stomach!

14. GaMatt72

GaMatt72 New Member

Mine eats those up also. Glock will warranty against any ammo you toss in it so no big worries. Front sight front sight and feed the beast.

15. cakesterkiller

cakesterkiller New Member

my g22 loves 135gr reloads

16. R3c0n5n1p3r

R3c0n5n1p3r New Member

Not true I shoot the S*** out of reloads and it's perfect I have beat a reload out of a sig barrel because it won't chamber put it right In my glock 23 and it fired like factory ammo... Glocks will work every time unless it's a cast lead bullet or you r missing a part of the gun * ... I have never had 1 jam 1 miss fire not even a failure 2 eject my glock 2 me is nothing but perfect...
    *(Or if you have a D/A who can't reload worth a s*** and his bullets are crap)

17. felix1904

felix1904 New Member

Agreed! Ran hundreds of reloads an so far no misfire. Love my glock 22!!

18. MULESKINNER

MULESKINNER New Member

Right in the Glock factory manual it states NOT to use reloads or cast bullets in a Glock firearm. So take your chances if you want. Non jacketed rounds in a 40 cal Glock, or any cal Glock for that matter, is a death sentance for the weapon.

Go over to the Glock forum and do some reading before you feed it lead. I use the 180 grain Winchester SXT L/E ammunition in all of my Glocks. Including my 23. Do some reading before you decide to "Cheap out" and use reloads or lead bullets in your prized weapon!

19. Tackleberry1

Tackleberry1 New Member

Did you suffer a recent head injury?

From your screen name I'd guess you already own an XDM?

So...we are concerned, just how serious is the brain injury?:D

20. MULESKINNER

MULESKINNER New Member

If you are referring to my screen name, for info a "Muleskinner" is one who drives or rides Mules. And no,,,I have not had any recent head injuries.

As for owning an XD, no I don't buy guns made in Croatia.

I will call Glock in the morning and confirm what their owners manual states and what most of the folks "in the know" over at the Glock forum state also.