Firearms Talk banner
21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
ive had a dillon for over 20 years very good machine 4dies all in a removable tool post so changing calibers pretty easy .never had a problem yet that wasent my fault lol

·
Registered
3,852 Posts
Been running progressives for 25 years. There isn't anything you can do on a single stage that you can't do on a progressive. On the other hand if you need to load up a couple thousand rounds of 9mm or 45 acp and you've only got a couple hours to do it, good luck with that single stage.

·
Registered
520 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
ive had a dillon for over 20 years very good machine 4dies all in a removable tool post so changing calibers pretty easy .never had a problem yet that wasent my fault lol

What model Dillon do you have? I was looking at the 650.

·
Registered
175 Posts
Get a 550b. It's a manual index. Allows you to stop the process at any time if there's an issue so you can fix it. Plus it takes a whole second to index it so its still fast. I had an auto index at one time but after I got the 550 i fell in love. Only plus side of a 650 you put an auto bullet feeder on it. To me it's not a big deal. On a good day I can do around 250 rounds an hour which is fine with me. Different strokes for different folks though.

·
Registered
520 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
Get a 550b. It's a manual index. Allows you to stop the process at any time if there's an issue so you can fix it. Plus it takes a whole second to index it so its still fast. I had an auto index at one time but after I got the 550 i fell in love. Only plus side of a 650 you put an auto bullet feeder on it. To me it's not a big deal. On a good day I can do around 250 rounds an hour which is fine with me. Different strokes for different folks though.

Thanks for the reply~ :)

21 - 26 of 26 Posts