I'm JD & I Don't Have A Problem!

Discussion in 'The Club House' started by Dillinger, Aug 20, 2009.

1. Dillinger

Dillinger New Member

2. cpttango30

cpttango30 New Member

Is it an addiction when I spend 8 to10 hours a day on FTF? I don't see it that way.

3. CA357

CA357 New Member Supporter

Just what is he doing with the goats and chickens? :eek:

4. Dillinger

Dillinger New Member

Yeah, me either. I consider this to be my firearms networking time, not "wasting" time on the Interwebz.

Seriously.

Who are these people and their callous classifications of what WE do??

JD

5. CA357

That's a load of crap. It's a bunch of overly educated, bleeding hearts that need to do good to feel good.

Thus another addiction business is born. Recovery is big business and if handled right can be lucrative.

Kick that kids ass and then make him get a job as a construction laborer. It'll make a man out of him and he'll be too tired to play stupid games.

Then when he's squared away stick his ass in the Service.

A man has to have priorities and a man must know his limitations. He will learn his.

6. IGETEVEN

IGETEVEN New Member

Ditto All This!!!................What?....I'm lazy. :rolleyes:

Jack

7. CA357

No, you just know your priorities. :D

8. Dillinger

Dillinger New Member

I would agree, but I would say get him a job as a Well Digger, or a Grub & Grade, assistant. Or we could send him to work for Jo da Plumber, as an entry level Muppet.

He works 8+2 hours a day, so he has to work all week to get his 40. He gets 10 hours of overtime each week, but he starts at 0700hrs for the tailboard safety meeting, and he gets off at 1730hrs with a half hour lunch.

He spends all day in the dirt, in the rain, in the dust or in the "mist". He is also going home dirty EVERYDAY, but he is learning a skill and he is putting hours on his Union card.

He sees a future, and that future isn't walking into Moordoor with a ring and a fat hobbit next to you. :rolleyes:

JD

9. Shotgun Shooter

Shotgun Shooter New Member

I come on here cause I want to. Who is to tell me not to come here? Pshhhhh.

S.S.

10. dunerunner

dunerunner New Member

Damned people who want to convince you that you have a problem that YOU cannot deal with and it's not YOUR fault!! So they can turn a buck from your insurance company for essentially doing nothing!!

Doc - "Well tell me Mr. Dune, how do you feel about that?"
    Dune - "It really doesn't bother me at all Doc, it's my wife who has the problem!"
    Doc - "And how do you feel about that?"
    Dune - "I think this is all a bunch of bull sh!t, Doc!"
    Doc - "Your hour is up. That will be $500!"

Last edited: Aug 21, 2009
  11. NGIB

NGIB New Member

I'm an Accountant for DoD and I spend 9 hours every work day staring at a computer screen. During these 9 hours, I take the occasional journey to visit this forum and a few others to keep my sanity. Staring at rows of numbers is seriously bad for your head - hence the side trips to chat about guns & shooting...

12. Gojubrian

Gojubrian New Member

Idiots are among us!!!

13. mrm14

mrm14 Active Member

JD, me thinks your cock is hanging out a foot on this one.

14. Robert NC

Robert NC New Member

If most of the kids had to work for what they get (video games, etc) besides room and board at home things might would be better. They don't the value of hard work.

15. spittinfire

spittinfire New Member Supporter

I saw this yesterday and started laughing. It's just another way for people to make excuses for their lack of responsibility.

16. AcidFlashGordon

AcidFlashGordon New Member

My question is, who allowed this individual to start this behavior? I always hear about parents who can't control the behavior of their kids yet no one ever asks them whether or not they took the time to keep an eye on their kids as they were growing up. My parents didn't let me watch any television or go outside with my friends until I'd done my homework. If I came home and said I didn't have any, they'd call my teachers to find out. But then, I grew up in a different time. Parents spanked their kids when they misbehaved. My god, I'm psychologically scarred from getting my butt beat with a yardstick. Yeah, right. Time out? I've got your "time out" leaning against the wall in the hall closet (that's where the yardstick "resided"). I learned respect and responsibility from my parents AND grandparents. God forbid that parents now teach their kids anything about that.

17. Yunus

Yunus New Member

Anything can be considered an addiction, its so stupid. I think if you don't have actual physical withdrawl symptoms caused from changes in your body from stopping the behavior it should not be considered an addiction just your lack of control.

18. A.Selenia

A.Selenia New Member

Aren't there holes that we can throw parents and kids like this into? This will be on Jerry Springer soon, watch. (I know I won't)

19. WDB

WDB New Member

Fallcity is a quick jump to Redmond, home of Microsoft....might be a reason for the support group considering geeks per capita the area?

20. gorknoids

gorknoids New Member

I'm addicted to interventions!