I'm Home From Stalkingbear's...........

Discussion in 'The Club House' started by winds-of-change, Sep 27, 2011.

1. winds-of-change

winds-of-change The Balota's Staff Member

I have tons of stories to tell and lots of adventures to tell about. Oh, and pictures, too. I've been pretty tired and pretty busy but I PROMISE to post more later tonight. I just wanted you all to know I have not forgotten about you all.

Here's one story that I'll post now, though, because it is so funny.

We were at the range, all shooting away and Bear's lovely daughter, Samantha, decides to talk a walk in the woods behind us. She takes her camera with her because she likes to take pictures of the interesting things she sees. So, she returns and starts showing me the pictures, telling me what each one is. There were some very good pictures there and then she shows me a picture and it's a picture of a 'spotter'. So, I say, what's a spotter? She looks at me like I'm nuts and says, "You don't know what a spotter is?" I say, "No". She repeats, "You have never seen a spotter?" I, again, say "No". From the picture, it kind of looked like a slug. She says, "You know, the things with 8 legs.........." I'm thinking of a slug having 8 legs.......:confused: We are staring at each other with looks of confusion on our faces. ABG calmly says from a distance away..........."She means 'spider'." I thought I would die laughing. Sam has a pretty heavy 'Kentucky' accent. It was the joke of the weekend. Except, of course, the story of Bear's wife, Janet, having something up her pant leg that 'shouldn't be there'.

Story to follow.........

2. canebrake

canebrake New Member

Please, can we have more?

Attached Files:

3. LONGHAIR

LONGHAIR New Member

Well from the sound of-it....You had a GREAT-TIME.........

4. CA357

CA357 New Member Supporter

Okay, I'll wait.

5. canebrake

canebrake New Member

6. Gordo323

Gordo323 New Member

I hope it wasn't a "spotter" up her pant leg! :eek:
    Damn yankees! :confused: (I'm the pot calling the kettle black.) :D

7. CA357

CA357 New Member Supporter

Okay, I waited. Now tell us.

8. BenLuby

BenLuby New Member

Do you even know the difference between a yankee and a damn yankee? A yankee comes down south and then goes home, leaving money.
    A damn yankee finds out how laid back we tend to be and the damn yankee stays. ROFL.

9. texaswoodworker

texaswoodworker New Member

+1 We don't have too much of a damn yankee problem here in NE Texas.:D

10. Gordo323

Gordo323 New Member

Sorry thread got off topic all!
    I was just waiting for pictures!:confused:
    I'm being patient!
    [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hWJX9yUKJeQ]Caddyshack - Well we're waiting. - YouTube[/ame]

11. Txhillbilly

Txhillbilly Active Member

No,but there are plenty of Razortails-Half breds that aren't wecome in Arkansas or LousyAna,and the only place left for them was East Texas. LOL!!! :p

12. winds-of-change

Okay, so.............

Saturday night, after shooting for 5 hours earlier that afternoon, we were sitting around the picnic table. I'm sitting next to Janet, Bear's lovely wife, and all of a sudden she starts feeling her pant leg at mid thigh level and saying "There's something in my pants that isn't supposed to be there." So, she reaches down the waist of her pants to her thigh and pulls out........a little toad. She tosses it on the picnic table and it hops away. I thought it was so funny. Since when does a toad climb? Well, if that wasn't funny enough the next morning I go to Bear's for a second day of shooting and Janet says, "Last night as I was getting ready for bed a spider bit me in the back of the thigh." I said, "Well, if you would have kept the toad up your pant leg maybe it would have eaten the spider." I think it's pretty strange to get two critters up your pant leg in less than 12 hours.

13. winds-of-change

Day 1 at Bear's. Saturday, September 24th.

I wake up from a wonderful night's sleep at the Hampton Inn. I get to Bear's and I unload my Mark II and the scope, my Dad's Marlin and my Dad's Browning FN. I had also taken the pink grips off my Mark II so it would fit in the case for travel. So, Bear mounts the new rings and the scope and puts the grips on. The gun is now incredibly beautiful.

[​IMG]

After Bear zeroed in the scope, I had a GREAT TIME shooting this gun. Not only is she beautiful, but she is incredibly accurate. Now I know what you guys mean when you say the gun is much more accurate than the shooter.

Than Bear takes my Dad's Marlin apart and gives it a much needed dose of oil along the barrel where there is some rust and then lubes the bolt part. He works it a bunch to spread the lube and the gun is working pretty good.

The Marlin waiting it's turn for me to shoot it.

[​IMG]

Bear shooting the Marlin.

[​IMG]

14. winds-of-change

Day 2, me loading up the Marlin for some shooting. I really enjoyed shooting this rifle............even though I wasn't very good with it.

[​IMG]

Bear shooting Maggie. The other handsome guy is Bear's nephew, Nick. Nick is a great young man and a pretty darn good shooter, too.

[​IMG]

Here's Nick being goofy later that night.

[​IMG]

Here's Pengie with a hot young lady. This is Nick's sister, Bear's niece, Andi. Andi is pretty good shooting guns, too.

[​IMG]

15. winds-of-change

More to follow...............

16. IGETEVEN

IGETEVEN New Member

Why's everybody so tiny?? :confused: :eek:

17. freefall

freefall New Member

Remember Steve Martin's "Lets Get Small" album?

18. towboater

towboater Well-Known Member

Sure sounds like a good time, had by all. Thanks for the pics, and stories.

19. IGETEVEN

IGETEVEN New Member

Indeed I do. :D

[​IMG]

20. winds-of-change

I don't know. So sorry. I am not very good at posting pictures. Whenever I try to enlarge them, they just get pixelated. I have never figured out how to post better pictures. :(

If you have any suggestions on how I can post better pictures, I'd sure like to know.

Last edited: Sep 28, 2011