I'm gonna be reloading

Discussion in 'Glock Forum' started by mountainman13, Aug 10, 2012.

1. mountainman13

mountainman13 New Member

Anything better than lone wolf barrels in the same general price range or if not black atleast without the stupid wolf?
    Glock 20 if it matters.
    Thanks

2. KeysKelly

KeysKelly New Member

Do you already own the Glock? If not why not save the extra money you'd spend on a second barrel and just the an XD?

3. mountainman13

mountainman13 New Member

Lol yeah I spent four months looking for it and paid $600. Tactical very kindly sent me a handloader to feed the beast.

4. mountainman13

mountainman13 New Member

Kkm too damn expensive.

5. KeysKelly

KeysKelly New Member

By the time all is done you will have a $800-$1,000 Glock.

6. mountainman13

mountainman13 New Member

Eek...that just ain't right.

7. mountainman13

mountainman13 New Member

Lone wolf really is my best option I take it. By the time I have the money for it I may come up with a good way to remove the silly wolf. Lol

8. tacticalfun

tacticalfun Active Member

Storm lake ported barrels are good too

9. mountainman13

mountainman13 New Member

I'll look into them. Thanks.

10. canebrake

canebrake New Member

Buy a gun that can shoot reloads. :eek:

11. mountainman13

mountainman13 New Member

Brutal man. Just brutal. Lol

12. GaMatt72

GaMatt72 New Member

What my Glock shoots reloads just fine.

13. mountainman13

mountainman13 New Member

I'm sure it does but the lone wolf is supposedly more accurate, likely stronger and opens up the option to use lead rounds. I make my own round ball, why not 10mm also?

14. GaMatt72

GaMatt72 New Member

Never tried lead rounds in any of them. But heck I have thought about casting some. I would shoot them from the factory barrel and if it wears out I would think you could send it in as they are guaranteed for life. I will look at the manual again to see if if says no lead rounds.

15. KeysKelly

KeysKelly New Member

Glock barrels don't like cast lead bullets. Even Glock themselves say do not shoot lead bullets.

16. GaMatt72

GaMatt72 New Member

That I never looked into. I just started thinking about casting some now that I am getting into reloading and I have a bit of lead scrap. Thanks.

17. KeysKelly

KeysKelly New Member

Before you read this please not I am NOT a Glock fan. I had a very bad experience with Glock so take my comments with a grain of salt. I will try to be as unbias as I can but sometimes my emotions get in the way. Glock, as a company, treated me very poorly.

You can buy an aftermarket barrel that will fit a Glock and accept lead bullets. They will make the Glock work just fine with cast lead bullets. However, it has been my experience that most people who reload do it to save on ammo costs. These after market barrels are very good and will make your Glock shoot lead bullets as well as any XD shoots them. The thing with that is you have a Glock you added a $100 to $200 barrel to just to make it shoot as well as a factory XD but you have spent the same money you would spend for a Sig.

18. mountainman13

mountainman13 New Member

Yeah shooting lead in a factory barrel will make your glock kaboom. DON'T DO IT

19. GaMatt72

GaMatt72 New Member

Sorry you had a bad experience with Glock. I never have yet. The Glock factory here in Ga treated me great when I dropped in. They did a free upgrade on my CC G27 and I am taking my G22 in for the free upgrades as well. I have never shot lead rounds from either just thought about it. I have no accuracy problems from my guns at all. If I have to buy a barrel to shoot lead then I won't.