I'm going to the desert soon need new weapon

Discussion in 'Hunting Forum' started by rem870forever, Jul 15, 2013.

1. rem870forever

rem870forever New Member

I'll be goin to the desert in a little bit and will shoot chipmunks fox coyote and maybe deer. Here were my choices 9mm. Savage 308 or crossbow

2. eatmydust

eatmydust New Member

I recommend the .308, but only for the taking of legal game, in season, and/or predators, not for just shooting anything that moves!

Please don't be another one of "those idiots" that give us hunters and gun owners a bad rep.!

3. hiwall

hiwall Well-Known Member

Please stay out of the desert.

4. rem870forever

rem870forever New Member

Haha I'm a new hunter I'm being taken by my grandpa, He's goint to tell me what I can and can't shoot.

5. eatmydust

eatmydust New Member

Paper targets are better than wasting the life of a chipmunk. And will make you a better shooter faster.

6. hiwall

hiwall Well-Known Member

Rabbits=22 rifle
    Quail=shotgun
    All big game license in AZ is by drawing.

7. limbkiller

limbkiller New Member

You are probably talking about ground squirrels not chipmunks in Az. and shoot the hell out of them. They can destroy a field with thousands of holes. For them a .308 is the only choice you have out of what you gave. Not my choice as you can shoot hundreds of rounds a day. Will make you a great shot with your big game rifle though. It will be the best choice for varmints to. Not a great choice for anything you have to shoot. Others can tell you there choices of firearm, though you didn't mention other choices.

Last edited: Jul 19, 2013