Im back

Discussion in '1911 Forum' started by Ambrola, Jun 19, 2012.

1. Ambrola

Ambrola New Member

Hi guys. Been gone awhile, had to have Prostate surgery. Hope none of you guys ever have to go through that. I have a question: I have a large collection of Colts, and a few Glocks. Also many shotguns and rifles. I would like to sell them, but how do you go about it without a FFL license?
    I would like to give you guys first choice.
    BTW, Cane get in touch with me about the German Drillings.

2. HOSSFLY

HOSSFLY New Member

Welcome back---
    You cud start by listing them here in classifieds section-
    You don't need a FFL to sell BUT you must ship to a FFL (in most cases)
    However some receiving FFL's require that a gun be sent from a FFL-
    It varies, you'll kinda have to deal with each on a individual basis--

3. Ambrola

Ambrola New Member

I just want to make sure I do everything legal. These handguns have never been fired.BTW, I am in NC.

4. PanBaccha

PanBaccha New Member

5. ellwood45c

ellwood45c New Member

Welcome back ambrola, i'm somwhat new here haven't see you before. Hope you are doing great and howdy.

6. gunnovice09

gunnovice09 New Member

Welcome back and I hope you're feeling better atleast .I'm also in nc do u mind pming me what u got?

7. bigrock44

bigrock44 New Member

Hope everything is going well for you. Send me a list and prices of what you have bigrock44@gmail.com

8. c3shooter

c3shooter Administrator Staff Member

Welcome back! Hope you are doing well- have had a couple of friends go thru that and it is a bear.

Ref: selling- you do not need to be a FFL to sell a gun, unless you are doing it for a living. You can sell TO a FFL in any state (except handguns cannot go to a FFL in NY State except FROM a FFL) You can sell to a resdient of your own state without it going to a FFL, but NC DOES require a handgun purchase permit even for private sales- see your County Sheriff for some more info.

You can post them in the classified section here. You can also put them up at Gunbroker or Auction Arms. Unless you ARE a FFL, cost of shipping a handgun will make you weep ($70-$75) You may also find a good dealer there in NC that will sell them on consignment for you.

9. qwiksdraw

qwiksdraw New Member

I bet you will get a lot of PMs and emails now that you announced a sale.

Sale? Hmmmm...Maybe even get one from me, too!!!

Hope you're doing well.

10. Ambrola

Ambrola New Member

Heres a sample of the handguns. I was playing with Photoshop.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 20, 2012
  11. NativH

NativH New Member

I just sold a fair amount of rifles and pistols at a recent gun show in Houston. The ffl who normally receives my internet purchases for me has a couple of tables at each show as he is retired and does this for a living. He agreed to let me sell my guns from his booth. That way I could take credit cards in addition to cash. Since he is an ffl and it is his booth, he required all purchases to be on form and I didn't have a problem with that. A few, very few, buyers balked slightly, but considering the pieces and the good prices I had on them, no one backed out. Or got denied either for that matter. This might be a good way for you to sell most of them in one or two days at as close to retail as you can get, without having to ship them somewhere and worry about all the shipping hassles.

12. Ambrola

Ambrola New Member

I cant possibly answer all the emails I am getting. I will put a list together and put them on the board for the members.

13. gunnovice09

gunnovice09 New Member