Im an idiot...

Discussion in 'Glock Forum' started by gunkid9mm, Feb 21, 2012.

1. gunkid9mm

gunkid9mm New Member

Put my glock together very wrong today. I forgot to put the trigger connector back in and i forgot to put the barrle and guidrod into the slide. Now I am not able to remove my slide!
    Not a joke, need help!!! Thanx in advance

2. gunkid9mm

gunkid9mm New Member

Nevermind, i figured it out! I may be stupid enough to put my gun together very wrong, but im smart enough to fix it!

3. Ranger-6

Ranger-6 New Member

If you did not get the barrel on backwards, you might be fine.

4. jeepejeep

jeepejeep New Member

Are you sure you should be handling firearms? (j/k)
    Seriously though you couldn't have been paying full attention to what you were doing. Glad you got it figured out.

5. MrWray

MrWray New Member

Next time keep the TV off while your messing with guns, lol

6. HOSSFLY

HOSSFLY New Member

I find drinkin helps my concentration :rolleyes: :D

7. gunkid9mm

gunkid9mm New Member

I was trying to make one of those mind teasers out of my gun! Its a hell of an expensive puzzle!

8. dango

dango Well-Known Member Lifetime Supporter

The more we handle guns the more apt to do something stupid,we all do.As long as you always clear the gun first,you can't do anything dangerously stupid.:D

9. pontiac163

pontiac163 New Member

I did that. I got scared because my slide was half on the guide rail and jamed in. I don't know what I was thinking but I got it off and back together right

10. BTenn

BTenn New Member

I had this happen quite a few times... When I put my slide back on the frame my slide would lock back revealing my spring and the pin it sits on both half back. Scares me to death I have a Gen 4 22 and I do have the upgrades rsa

11. Quentin

Quentin New Member

I had that happen once with my 23Gen4, was sure I put it together right but the RSA stuck out the front of the slide (with the slide forward). I broke it down again and it went back together fine as every other time. I need to look at it and figure what happened. BTW, this also was with the Glock upgrade RSA though I doubt that matters.

12. BTenn

BTenn New Member

But as long as it goes together right then it's fine? Even though it has happened before?

13. Sonic82

Sonic82 New Member

Fire it first...then ask questions. That way we have a better idea as to what went wrong.

14. BTenn

BTenn New Member

I've put probably 3 mags through it without any problems firing. But this is a duty weapon so gotta make sure it's in top working order lol

15. Sonic82

Sonic82 New Member

16. gunkid9mm

gunkid9mm New Member

17. MrWray

MrWray New Member

18. dango

dango Well-Known Member Lifetime Supporter

If you got a couple of months I'll give you a list of personal stupid you wouldn't believe.I've at times made a personal pact with GOD himself stating if you get me out of this,etc. .

And yes,I have also done that and I still do stupid things.If we learn by our mistakes,I'm a friggen genius.

19. Sonic82

Sonic82 New Member

I don't care who you are...that's some profound stuff right there!