I'm a gangster?

Discussion in 'General Handgun Discussion' started by Leg_McMuffin, Jul 5, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Leg_McMuffin

Leg_McMuffin New Member

is it bevause I am young, and have tattoos? I see now that I could not have had my finger on the trigger of the gun, but after all, it is JUST a picture. In fact, several people didn't even notice, because it is not a big deal. If you are just looking for conflict, or the type of person who wants to be the "forum tought guy," maybe you should choose a different website, but if this is how everyone on here, maybe I should leave. I joined here in hopes to share a hobby and learn about something I enjoy. Being such an expert like you should probably come with some sense of maturity and intellegence, no? How about you try guidance instead of trash talking next time you notice a mistake being made by someone. People will respect you and like you alot more.

2. hunter Joe

hunter Joe New Member

Willis, what you talk'n about?

I think you got some learning that you mentioned in your above post.

Rule #4 Keep your finger off the trigger until your ready to pull it. This is serious stuff on this forum and we try to set examples by practicing safe firearm handling in the pictures we post. You have to realize there are many non-firearm users or wanna-be's that view these posts and if you need some "no more tears" every time someone dogs you a little, maybe this forum is not the right fit for you.

Good luck in the future. Joe

Last edited: Jul 5, 2010

3. GoBlue

GoBlue New Member

I have tattoos. Nobody seems to think I'm irresponsible.

Maybe everyone can let it go. I hope so anyway. Hope you hang around.

4. Fleetman

Fleetman New Member

Hey! Leg_McMuffin admitted his mistake (although, picture or not, it may indicate your firearm handling skills that need improvement!)....let it go.

There are, at times, some ignorant comments on here. Everyone is on here to learn, share, and show off PLUS we're all one of three colors here.....black, silver, and/or parkerized!

5. JonM

JonM Moderator

you gotta be kidding... maturity on the interweb?? heh

i been called worse than gangsta for my opinion that night sights are teh suck...

6. CA357

CA357 New Member Supporter

Don't sweat it Leg. The finger on the bang switch is not good and it was noted.

This place requires a sense of humor, let it go. My pic of my "tactical" shotgun should give you an idea that there's some fun to be had here if you don't take yourself too seriously.

7. CA357

CA357 New Member Supporter

This is only a test:

[​IMG]

See? ;)

8. Leg_McMuffin

Leg_McMuffin New Member

Im not using this as a deterent for constructive criticism. thats actually what i was aking for. i didnt appreciate being called a gangster, because im the furthest thing from that. i know how "gangsters" are percieved, and that is not what i want to be thought of as.

it was inproper, recognized, and now i know.

9. Leg_McMuffin

Leg_McMuffin New Member

hahahahahaha! thats pretty funny man

10. Shihan

Shihan Active Member Lifetime Supporter

Wait a minute, I'm Gangster. What is wrong with that? We have our Ninjas, so it is OK for us to have few Gangsters.:D
    IMG00133-20100701-2215.jpg
    Finger off the Trigger.
    If you haven't stopped by the Introductions, please stop by and give a little info about yourself, that way people get to know you a little.

11. Flat4sti

Flat4sti New Member

Look to me like your finger was off the trigger. Oh well, just don't go and pull something stupid like calling a mag a clip.

12. ScottA

ScottA FAA licensed bugsmasher Lifetime Supporter

No, don't leave. Just get thicker skinned. There are many on here that are absolute fanatics about proper gun handling techniques. But since we deal with instruments designed to kill people, it's good to be a fanatic about such things.

13. doctherock

doctherock New Member

No prob with tatts here Leg. I agree, even in a pic you want to exercise gun safety. I have given my wife the *** chewing of a lifetime for putting her finger in the trigger guard of a paint ball gun before. I know an Army Ranger who has combat experience who blew the knuckle out of his hand while cleaning his gun so even experienced people make mistakes.

Attached Files:

14. skullcrusher

skullcrusher New Member

LMFAO, as you are about as Gangster as Big Bird is a parakeet. It was you that called him a gangster...take one to know one? I think not.

Anyhoo, Leg_McMuffin, your profile says you don't know much about guns and you have come to the right place. 1st lesson learned, finger off the trigger until you are ready to shoot. Safety first. Now, you two Gangstas can be friends and talk shop...

15. big shrek

big shrek Well-Known Member

Amen...wiseacres abound here ;)

If one gives the pic more than a casual glance, they notice that the finger is on the OUTSIDE of the trigger guard...
    but at first glance, or with lousy vision, it can look as if his finger was inside the guard.
    [​IMG]

Bear in mind the last time some of these old farts could see clearly was somewhere around the Civil War era.... ;)

16. lonyaeger

lonyaeger New Member

Are we looking at the same picture, Shrek? Because you have to admit that, even with more than a "casual glance," the finger is on the trigger. I didn't post my reply based on a "first glance" or with "lousy vision."

Attached Files:

17. big shrek

big shrek Well-Known Member

Evidently, a different pic :D

I shoulda added the pic for the first draft ;)

18. Leg_McMuffin

Leg_McMuffin New Member

thanks for understanding where im coming from guys. i feel like we are all on the same team here, and im not one for name calling or arguments. i look forward to making some friends here

19. lonyaeger

lonyaeger New Member

I think you're good to go, kid!

20. skullcrusher

skullcrusher New Member

big shrek, you copied Shihan's pic. Evidently, Shihan is now a self proclaimed Gangsta. Whatever. :rolleyes:

The Bersa pic is Leg_McMuffin's pic and clearly the finger is on the trigger and the trigger safety is disengaged. :eek: To his credit, it was not cocked, but I have no idea if the Bersa is single or double action...

I think the Gangsta comes into play with the vanity of flexing for avatar pics and the like. Just me, but those kinds of pics might belong on a forum for BI's. :eek: Just sayin...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.