Illinois Wisconsin Border

Discussion in 'The Club House' started by BelRockRebel, Dec 19, 2011.

1. BelRockRebel

BelRockRebel New Member

Just wondering who shoots near me? Live near the border by I90 tollway, Illinois side :/

2. winds-of-change

winds-of-change The Balota's Staff Member

ME! ME! I do.

But you already know that. :)

3. 94browninghunt

94browninghunt New Member

will be back in Illinois around january :), about 30 mins from I90 :D

4. Magnum27

Magnum27 New Member

I will be if I ever get my FOID card. Sent it in Oct 20th and still waiting on it. I am down a ways on 90 about 5 miles from GAT Guns.

5. winds-of-change

Maybe we could organize a mini Meet and Greet. I'd be glad to organize one for this spring. Anyone interested?

6. PSYCHOFREAK3

PSYCHOFREAK3 New Member

I would definetly be interested.

7. ScottA

ScottA FAA licensed bugsmasher Lifetime Supporter

I might be able to make a road trip.

8. trip286

trip286 New Member

I've been considering the same thing for the MS boys, there's at least 5 including me that are almost within spitting distance, heck at least 3 of us are in the same county.

9. CourtJester

CourtJester Well-Known Member

I'll be driving right by you quite a bit going back and forth from Iowa to Michigan this year if that counts.

10. Magnum27

Magnum27 New Member

Sounds like a plan!

11. winds-of-change

Sounds fun. I'll see if I can find a range that will let us all in. Most times you have to be a member and you can bring in one guest. I'm going to start trying to put some things together. Get a local hotel for you all, too.

12. BelRockRebel

BelRockRebel New Member

Magnum, they should have contacted you WITHIN 30 days eithor by sending u a foid card, by letter denying you a foid card, or by letter stating you're app is still under review. Mine was over 30 days, found ph# of deputy director on isp website or the like, and called. There it was, info just sitting in computer for weeks, aprooved but not released. Had it in my hands a couple days later.

Sent by BelRockRebel on the DROID RAZR using FirearmsTalk

13. BelRockRebel

BelRockRebel New Member

Great idea Winds! Let me know if you need help!

Sent by BelRockRebel on the DROID RAZR using FirearmsTalk

14. JMat

JMat New Member

Quick question guys. My residency is in illinois but i currently live in montana. Can i apply for a FOID card? Reason being i go back to illinois alot when im on leave and i might be moving back in a year after my enlistment and would like to have it done before i move back and also to be able to come back and go to the range with my friends when im on leave.

15. Magnum27

Magnum27 New Member

Thanks! I have been calling since last Wednesday and it has rang busy. Finally got through and they had a "109 minute wait to speak to a customer support rep". I HATE ILLINOIS!! Long story short - I made a ton of calls around the system and they said I have been approved and will have in 7-10 days.

They told me they have no idea why it was just stuck in the system. Supposedly approved 3 weeks ago.

16. aandabooks

aandabooks New Member

My understanding is that you don't need a FOID card since you are active duty military. My BIL, Army, hunts on his active duty ID when he comes back during season. He is registered with Illinois as his home state. He buys a hunting license over the counter with his out of state drivers liscense and ID. You might want to check the IL DNR website.

Once your enlistment is up and if you decide to make Illinois your permanent residence, you'll have to get a FOID card.

17. aandabooks

aandabooks New Member

I live down along the I-80 corridor but would definately be interested in a shooting get together. Not a problem to drive a couple hours north to shoot some guns and hangout.

18. winds-of-change

Whenever I can, I drive 6 hours down to Stalkingbear's to shoot with him in Kentucky. It's always worth the drive. You are welcome to come join us.

19. 94browninghunt

94browninghunt New Member

I'm up to it :)

20. ANGRYcanary

ANGRYcanary New Member

:cool: Sounds like a plan "Winds..."