Illinois Gun Owner's Alert

Discussion in 'Legal and Activism' started by Threetango, Dec 3, 2012.

1. Threetango

Threetango Audentes Fortuna Iuvat Supporter

2. purehavoc

purehavoc New Member

3. PSYCHOFREAK3

PSYCHOFREAK3 New Member

PureHavoc, the Senate shot it down, however it still has to be shot down by the House before it is completely gone. The GSL link above specifically states the House. We're not out of the fire yet.

4. MyRawTalent

MyRawTalent New Member

I couldn't imagine living in Illinois . The residents there have slim to no rights what so ever.

5. purehavoc

purehavoc New Member

True but taking away what we have left I dont believe is a option for them . We dont need a civil war in IL

6. CrazedJava

CrazedJava New Member

I travel to Chicago on occasion as part of my job. Funny how I don't feel the least bit safer despite all the gun laws. My co-workers up there, all white collar professionals, actually joke about how bad some of their neighborhoods are. They've just come to accept crime as part of their everyday lives. It's odd, I've always advocated you should do everything you can to not make yourself a victim. I even said that back in my gun control advocacy days. I fully expect to find out someone I know was mugged by the next time I get back up there.

The crazy thing is they keep suggesting new gun control laws and crime continues to get worse. At what point does the citizenry go "Maybe this isn't working?"