·
Registered
2,275 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Illinois House just passed this bill:

·
Premium Member
2,744 Posts
Gee, "Isn't that special?" (church lady on old-time TV used to say).

Being nearly totally ignorant of Illinois gun law enforcement, I ask - "Are the present Illinois gun laws actually enforced?" We live just across the Mississippi river in Missouri, watch Quincey Illinois TV, but see no arrest/prosecution news regarding violations.

·
Registered
2,275 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Illinois prides itself on only enforcing gun laws that affect law abiding gun owners.
As far as homicides go, Chicago has an impressive rate of solving them....about 17%.
The other 83% are filed in the "who knows?" category.

Reactions: Zebra

·
Premium Member
4,431 Posts

Being nearly totally ignorant of Illinois gun law enforcement, I ask - "Are the present Illinois gun laws actually enforced?" We live just across the Mississippi river in Missouri, watch Quincey Illinois TV, but see no arrest/prosecution news regarding violations.
We are on the Iowa side of the River. Across from Rock Island/Moline Illinois. We don't see or read of any real enforcement their either. But, it seems Gangs Rule over their anyway. Don't hear any thing about that problem there either. Except trouble with them frequently.

·
Premium Member
1,256 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,226 Posts
Well, well. The hired help definitely despise the citizens who hired them, in Illinois, don't they.

They seem to imagine going after the upstanding with such constraints keeps violent criminals from doing a thing. Perhaps actually going after the violent criminals would help. Ya think?

·
Premium Member
1,256 Posts
Article with a little background info; I make no claim as to the veracity of the article.

·
Registered
2,275 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I'm not sure if democrats are stupid or just pretending the rest of us are stupid.....or both.
Who in their right mind could possibly think that making it more difficult (and expensive) for law abiding citizens to obtain a FOID card in Illinois would make a bit of difference to criminals?
Whether a gun owner has a FOID card or not has nothing to do with anything. After a shooting do the democrats say "If only we made it harder to get a FOID card"?

·
Registered
550 Posts
I'm thankful I live in one of the best pro-2A states. It's so bizarre to see the draconian tyranny these leftist garbage dump states push on their people. A FELONY for transferring private property, which is protected under the 2A??? How did some of these states allow themselves to get to this absurd dystopian point?

While there are restrictions on fully auto and size/shapes of guns, etc. at the free-end of the swimming pool, I can literally buy or sell any commonly lawful firearm design in private transfers with other lawful folks, any magazines, and any ammo I wish. I can carry a sidearm without a permit nearly anywhere I want (except jails, courthouses, schools, government buildings, etc. which is somewhat reasonable to preserve order in those generally guarded or vulnerable areas).

1 - 10 of 10 Posts