Illinois Counties Flexing Muscle...

Discussion in 'Illinois Gun Forum' started by Shade, Mar 15, 2013.

1. CGS

CGS New Member

It's great news but is meaningless in the grand scheme of things. But at least they are doing it, and people take notice. In that regards I guess it's not meaningless. :) Too bad the state can't get off their asses and stop with the shenanigans and circus act. The least 4 weeks have been a complete mockery of the system.

2. fickenmeimirish

fickenmeimirish New Member

This is great news to me, as im from kankakee county!

3. Mack Bolan

Mack Bolan New Member

well....i hope most counties other than cook can follow suit....

and thankfully my place in the city has gone under contract and my wife and i should close on a house in DuPage before the end of march....meaning i'm finally out of that hell hole and their BS legislation. i will finally be able to clean my gun:eek:.....I mean my firearms in my garage :rolleyes: :D

I know with respect to gun laws illinois is no way a gun friendly state or place to live but moving out of cook county into most any another illinois county is like going from a maximum security prison to a work release farm.....still blows in the big picture but much much better if you cant just up and move out of the state.

4. ChanceMcCall

ChanceMcCall New Member

Not every location in Illinois is the same. Most downstate LEOs look the other way on CCW unless they need it because you have been doing something stupid. The same is true for most State's Attorney offices.

5. Shade

Shade New Member

Not really meaningless, it sends the message that IL citizens and local
    govt is not happy with Springfield.

Last edited: Mar 17, 2013
  6. winds-of-change

winds-of-change The Balota's Staff Member

Well, I'm not too sure any of the "collar counties" are much better than Cook County. Personally, I think you need to be further away to get any real relief from Cook County.

7. Mack Bolan

Mack Bolan New Member

You're not? :( Have you lived in cook county and any other collar counties from which to base that on because I would be most curious as to your experiences in both counties that would lead you to believe that. Dont get me wrong I appreciate your concern, but I mean, being out of cook county jurisdiction (laws and taxes) alone is enough relief in itself, I'm not sure what further away would really offer us that the collar counties don't, unless I was looking to shoot on my property (which I'm not, just worry free storage and a nice garage to reload in).

Either way we couldn't base our decision entirely on what was best for my firearm hobbies and enthusiasm:( but also on where we could go that would allow us both to keep our good jobs and also raise children in better than average school districts.

If our job situations change and we can move out of state, we most definitely wont hesitate, until then it will be the pursuit of a cabin and acreage likely a few hours away in michigan that will provide the ultimate relief....but one step at a time.:)

8. CGS

CGS New Member

Lake County isn't much better than Cook. LOTS of uber Liberals on the Lake County North shore.

9. Shade

Shade New Member

I would tend to agree with her if not so much the laws as the attitude
    towards firearms. I was born in Kane grew up in Lake and McHenry,
    lived my adult life in Cook, Will and the last 18 years in Kankakee County.

Today if my neighbors saw me walking around my property with my AR
    they would come over to see it and shoot it. Try that in DuPage...

10. Dennis845

Dennis845 New Member

As a thirty-eight year veteran of "The Peoples Republic", I stated it before and I'll offer it again...

The PR will NEVER establish a legal system of CCW like all other states, ever, ever.

I'm so confident of my assertion that if I'm ever proven wrong, I'll buy each and everyone calling me out on this issue, a free virtual cyber 164 bit encrypted steak and lobster dinner, complete with all the trimmings with wine and desert.

And for the good looking single gals on here, I'll even throw in a virtual cyber tear jerker movie and watch it with you :eek:

How's that for a staunch opinion backed up by something of substance?

11. PGM

PGM New Member

Murder rate per 100.000 in counties won by obama 13.2. Romney 2.1

12. Missouribound

Missouribound Active Member

Ahh...Illinois...born and raised there....worked there for 35 years. Wisconsin has a good opinion of Illinois.....

Attached Files:

13. Mack Bolan

Mack Bolan New Member

yeah...well i plan on being dressed only in my 007 swim trunks and combat webbing, intently gripping the rifle of my choice with a couple kitties on my head when i answer the door for the welcome wagon lady...i let you know how it works out for me....;)

14. fickenmeimirish

fickenmeimirish New Member

I will say I had the kankakee county sheriff's dept called on myself and some friends when we were doing some shooting out on some property in the country. Apparently the person that called thought we were doing something illegal, the deputy that responded was very nice though, did not ask to see our firearms or our foid cards, just made sure we were firing in a safe direction and whatnot, told us he definitely supports the 2A and to keep shooting and have fun, and even said he wished he could stay and shoot with us (seeing my AR laying on my truckbed)

15. Shade

Shade New Member

I hunt with several K3 Deputies, they are good people, for the most part.