Illinois concealed carry reciprocity?

Discussion in 'Concealed Carrying & Personal Protection' started by CCW4GOOCH, Jul 9, 2013.

1. CCW4GOOCH

CCW4GOOCH New Member

What states will Illinois recognize?

2. rifleman1

rifleman1 New Member

3. Donn

Donn Active Member

According to the Illinois State Police website, none.

4. JonM

JonM Moderator

and dont expect the police in chitcago to recognize a illinoise ccw either...

5. gr8oldguy

gr8oldguy New Member

I wouldn't be surprised if Illinois didn't recognize any other state's ccp. There's no way for them to make money from it.

6. Zombiegirl

Zombiegirl New Member

From what I've heard Illinois may end up honoring States that have the same training requirements as theirs.

7. PrimePorkchop

PrimePorkchop New Member

on a side note - if you want to hear some all time awe inspiring seriously stupid ****...

the ISP is up there talking now, taking Quinns side, and a lot of the stuff they're saying is ... oh my god...tripping over yourself stupid

http://www.ilga.gov/senate/audvid.asp#

You can tell they don't believe in the stuff they're saying but they are being forced to say it anyways.

There's no way a 1/2 intelligent human being can actually believe the stuff that's being said in this hearing right now

8. Zombiegirl

Zombiegirl New Member

Here's the latest..... Still unsure if they will honor other States. I hope so since I'm right next door.

image-127109264.jpg

9. PrimePorkchop

PrimePorkchop New Member

Front page of The Drudge Report

It's still a bad bill - I would have been much happier with Constitutional Carry over this ****e bill, but hey ... it is what it is.

Attached Files:

10. winds-of-change

winds-of-change The Balota's Staff Member

Hahaha...........true.

They would never allow it to go to Constitutional carry.

11. Balota

Balota ... but I used to play keyboards.

Not exactly. That's what the other bill said, but this one only says:

"(b) The Department shall by rule allow for non-resident license applications from any state or territory of the United States with laws related to firearm ownership, possession, and carrying, that are substantially similar to the requirements to obtain a license under this Act."

So, they don't recognize the CCW from other states (reciprocity). But they will allow non-residents from a few states to make a non-resident application.

The other bill (HB0997) had a short list of states that met that criteria. The other bill actually offered reciprocity to these states:

"Those states with substantially similar laws include, but are not limited to: Arizona, California, Florida, Iowa, Kentucky, Michigan, Minnesota, Missouri, New Mexico, Ohio, Tennessee, Texas, and Wisconsin."

12. simpkinst

simpkinst New Member

I would t doubt this at all.

Illinois requires more training hours than any other state. The politicians will tell you hat they they will honor others states knowing full well no other state matches their requirement.

I wish Chicago would just implode. Average national IQ would skyrocket and crime rates plummet.

13. PSYCHOFREAK3

PSYCHOFREAK3 New Member

From what I understand no reciprocity, however you could apply for an out of state Illinois CCW permit which would still include 16 hours of training and the minor inconvenience of a $300.00 fee ($150.00 for in state in addition to the training)