Illinois Concealed carry Ban Ruled Unconstitutional...

Discussion in 'The Club House' started by Mack Bolan, Dec 11, 2012.

1. Mack Bolan

Mack Bolan New Member

Last edited: Dec 11, 2012
  2. JonM

JonM Moderator

fixed

as opposed to the peace loving crime free streets now readily in evidence in most of chicago...

3. fupuk

fupuk New Member

Good for them, hopfully something comes of this to even out the playing field around the USA..

4. LONGHAIR

LONGHAIR New Member

Illinois Concealed Carry Ban Ruled Unconstitutional by Federal Appellate Court...The Last Hold-Out and it's over for the fight in Illinois.....About-Time.....They have 180 days to draft a law legalizing concealed carry.....:D..:D..:D...

5. LONGHAIR

LONGHAIR New Member

Thank-God the fight in the Last state to Hold-out is over......:D..:D..:D...

6. Mack Bolan

Mack Bolan New Member

thanks for the fix Jon M and really, how can Currie deny his statement isn't fully in effect all ready when Chicago police are getting robbed and shot, and carjacked at the same time-these two separate events happened Monday night on the south side if you didn't hear or read about them.

7. ScottA

ScottA FAA licensed bugsmasher Lifetime Supporter

Turn up the speakers on your computer!!!!!!!

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3GwjfUFyY6M[/ame]

8. drvsafe

drvsafe New Member

I saw this today, but what does it truly mean? I suppose going from a "denied state" to any other status regarding concealed carry is great. NJ is a "May Issue" state, but good luck getting a CCW permit, unless you're retired military or LEO and even then it's quite a process and wait.

9. LONGHAIR

LONGHAIR New Member

Huff-Post CHICAGO....Not sure about a Link.....They have 180 days to draft a law legalizing concealed carry....So this Huff-Post say's.....About-Time.....

10. 7point62

7point62 Lifetime Supporting Member Lifetime Supporter

"If we need to change the law, let us at least craft a law that is very severely constrained and narrowly tailored so that we don’t invite guns out of control on each of our city’s streets,” Currie said. “I don’t want people out of control wandering the streets with guns that are out of control.”

Geez lady, with a 2012 homicide rate of 400 gun-related murders in your fair city as of October 1st (and the year ain't over yet) it sounds like people are already out of control wandering the streets with guns that are out of control.:rolleyes:

How are those tough gun laws workin out for ya?

11. LONGHAIR

LONGHAIR New Member

Winds...Looks like you can maybe get your ccw in 180 days....They have that long to draft a law legalizing concealed carry....Huff-Post CHICAGO....no Link at this time...sorry....

12. orangello

orangello New Member

Not just good news, GREAT NEWS!!!

13. ScottA

14. JonM

JonM Moderator

dont get too happy yet.

the criminals in charge of the state will liekly adopt a california ccw plan or a new york plan where no one but political cronies get one. or permit ccw but not within 5 miles of a school or government owned property including roadways or something along those lines.

you still have "ccw" but no average person can get one.

15. ScottA

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bQ_LHyx2odc[/ame]

16. BioInclined

BioInclined New Member

It's a big step forward in any case.
    I am thinking that the law to be drafted will be forced to be very restrictive but again, it's reasonable slow steps will be taken.
    My concern is, in the more dense areas, Chicago and local suburbs like my area(south side) that they stick to a SOLID class to train people who want to carry. While i know most appreciate a gun here and the intended uses for them. I don't think people who just "do it cause they can" are good. I think a weekend class is ideal, not sure what other states require.
    With this you'll see certain taxing of ammo and fire arms too now. The state will compensate for those who didn't get to keep it their way.
    Sadly, I am hoping to leave this area or even state once I graduate since our crime is pretty high, the drivers are obnoxious and the taxes are the highest in the country(2011 I think) but I understand most states have their problem areas.

17. Gh0zt36

Gh0zt36 Active Member

GOOD FOR YOU IL . Congrats. I bet the criminals in chi-ganistan are really nervous now people will be able to defend themselves.

18. JimRau

JimRau Well-Known Member Supporter

The progressives will disregard the ruling just like they have in the past!:mad:

19. mikebz5

mikebz5 New Member

I confirmed with my state Rep's office that it is a "Shall issue" ruling. Not a "May issue ". HUGE difference and great news!

20. JD1969

JD1969 New Member

It is a HUGE step in the right direction, but I fear we are not out of the woods yet. I've been in this state too long to not be a skeptic. I am very happy and somewhat encouraged but I will wait to celebrate until I get my CCL in my pocket.