Illinois Conceal Carry

Discussion in 'Concealed Carrying & Personal Protection' started by Don_Mega, Feb 13, 2013.

1. Don_Mega

Don_Mega New Member

You guys think Illinois will be a conceal carry state soon?

2. AR10

AR10 New Member

no It is the land of obama

3. ZombieBrawler

ZombieBrawler New Member

Its about as hopeless as commie-fornia

4. 7point62

7point62 Lifetime Supporting Member Lifetime Supporter

5. Renegade44

Renegade44 New Member

The mafia won't go for it.

6. aandabooks

aandabooks New Member

No later than June 9, 2013.

7. Don_Mega

Don_Mega New Member

8. HOSSFLY

HOSSFLY New Member

You heard it on the internet------
    Must be true ;)

9. aandabooks

aandabooks New Member

That is when the 180 days that the Federal Appeals court gave IL until to craft a law that brings CC to IL. As I understand the ruling, they basically said that if denying IL citizens the right to carry is a good idea, atleast one other state in the country would be doing the same. If they don't pass a CC law by then, my inderstanding is that we go Constitutional Carry. I don't think the state will be dumb enough to give up control of the process or the revenue that it pwould generate. Of course, this is IL.

There are other threads here on FirearmsTalk and you can google for the news articles. I think the ruling came down around Dec 10th.

10. winds-of-change

winds-of-change The Balota's Staff Member

I believe conceal carry will come to Illinois in the very near future. As to what hoops we'll have to jump through or how much money we'll have to come up with remains to be seen.

11. JimRau

JimRau Well-Known Member Supporter

I would hope so. In Northern Ireland, UK, you can get permission to carry concealed and those people are 'subjects' not citizens! What are the people in IL (and many other places in the USA) called when their civil rights are violated so flagrantly! :mad:

12. Garadex

Garadex New Member

Actually it all depends on the police chief or sheriff in your area.

13. niteglock

niteglock New Member

Illinois will get it. Then they'll rape us for every cent we have and make us look like criminals on the news until it gets revoked. And alot of people will be getting shot in the process...........by the CPD.

14. JimRau

JimRau Well-Known Member Supporter

Illinois will not even let their retired cops carry concealed! The federal laws says they can, BUT they must qual once a year and the CPD and others will not allow the retired officers range time to qual to meet the federal requirements!!! :mad:

15. cgersty

cgersty New Member

From what I've read on it, and what's drafted so far, they have open or ccw, which I'm sure the open won't happen, and they are saying it will cost 65$ and some class hours, and will be good for 10 years, I am hopeful it will go through, but I'm not holding my breath as of yet, as usual Chicago will probably screw it up for the rest of us.

16. ChanceMcCall

ChanceMcCall New Member

Actually, the official time is 9 AM on June 10th, 2013.

If the legislature fails to pass and the governor fails to sign a concealed carry bill, Illinois will be one of the few states with "constitutional carry" making it restricted only by the ability to obtain a FOID Card.

17. cgersty

cgersty New Member

I already have a foid card, so no biggie there, I don't know how its gonna go down but am waiting to see how and what happens with the carry law here.