Illinois ccw

Discussion in 'Illinois Gun Forum' started by purehavoc, Apr 18, 2013.

1. purehavoc

purehavoc New Member

Looks like the hb997 bill did not pass today it was a few votes short . I cant believe i still live in this god awful state

Last edited: Apr 19, 2013
  2. KJG67

KJG67 New Member

Yeah, that wasn't a good sign today.

Attached Files:

3. bargeahead

bargeahead New Member

Have faith fellow victims. Maybe they'll nit pick past the deadline when a FOID will become defacto carry.

4. KJG67

KJG67 New Member

They'd never do that and lose out on the tax revenue to misappropriate.

5. gr8oldguy

gr8oldguy New Member

Darn. I was hoping it would pass and Wisconsin ccp would be reciprocal with Illinois. I wouldn't have to lock my gun up while I drove to Tennessee.

6. bargeahead

bargeahead New Member

One of the provisions that "was" there originally is if an IL citizen with a valid CCW from another state it would be valid in IL for the first 180 days following effective date.

If I didn't have a FFL with possible range here in the future and the health insurance from my wife as a U of I retiree; we'd be headed for Texas.

7. winds-of-change

winds-of-change The Balota's Staff Member

You must lock your guns up when you're in Illinois. Guns do terrible things when they are in our state. That's why we need stricter gun laws than all the other states.

8. PSYCHOFREAK3

PSYCHOFREAK3 New Member

The worst part of it is the 1155 bill with 28 amendments to it is still on thrid reading and could be called for a vote at any time. And we don't want that bill.

9. GTX63

GTX63 New Member

HB 997 was a poor bill at best. Sorry, Phelps tried to be accomodating and it still wasn't enough for Madigan's boys. Now Phelps is trying to tweak his bill with ideas like upping the permit fee to $100 and more hours of training. It is true, Illinois is a god awful state.

10. PSYCHOFREAK3

PSYCHOFREAK3 New Member

The original 997 was a good bill. The revamped version that came up last night is the one you are referring to GTX63 and I agree it wasn't the best. But still it's better than some messed up court carry with FOID card without pre-emption. I would rather have a carry license that works throughout the entire state of Illinois.

11. bigjim

bigjim New Member

I like the idea of the FOID to be our carry card, we have all gone through the background check already.

Jim

12. GTX63

GTX63 New Member

The Illinois Republicans can iniate nothing in everyday politics that Madigan or the Dems do not put their ok on. Been like that here for a long time and it will stay that way. A judge has put the mandate out on this gun issue; they Dems can say no and the Republicans can say no, and then CCW becomes the standard. Phelps bent and then bent some more, and honestly, he had to do neither. Putting more fees and costs on concealed carry is a poll tax and go against the poor and middle class. In this case, all they have to do is play defense and vote down the baloney bills that come up, until a reasonable agreement can be made. What has been put forth so far isn't reasonable or even close to what our neighboring states have.

13. Shade

Shade New Member

Do not bet on that, we have just enough votes for it to stalemate.

The anti's have to give ground or they will loose, they know it. We
    know we do not have to.

14. KJG67

KJG67 New Member

Fingers crossed.

15. PGM

PGM New Member

I have no doubt CCW permit holders info will be in all the scumbag newspapers.

16. MTHunter

MTHunter New Member

Look on the bright side if they don't hurry up and pass CCW then Illinois will soon be Constitutional Carry.

17. fickenmeimirish

fickenmeimirish New Member

Which means a lot of cities will just make laws prohibiting concealed carry. Chicago and most all of cook county would make it illegal.. no good!

18. Missouribound

Missouribound Active Member

It's a good thing you have the health insurance. Illinois laws, regulations and leadership will surely make you ill. But is it worth it?

19. Shade

Shade New Member

Constitutional Carry pre-empts home rule. Local communities cannot out law
    CCW, that is a misconception the anti's are pushing. They will still put them
    on the books and then each one has to be challenged in court. Massive
    waste of tax payer money but our IL criminals... politicians are the best at
    that.

20. Missouribound

Missouribound Active Member

I certainly hope that the CCW goes through in Illinois. I have a lot of friends back there that are anxious to get theirs. As far as Chicago goes, crime won't be affected for the most part, maybe some deterrent for street holduups or car jackings...but let's face it over 90% of the gun crimes are committed by repeat offenders. They already have guns and are shooting at each other. But let me take a page from our liberal leaders. "If it saves just one life". And that it will most assuredly do. Chicago crime has never been about guns, it's about politicians whith their thumbs up their a$$e$ trying to blame everyone and everything but themselves for how poorly they enforce, prosecute and jail the bad guys. And Illinois state police has always been for citizens protecting themselves with firearms. They have had that opinion published over and over. They would much rather pull up to a crime scene with the homeowner standing over a dead or wounded criminal than be the ones to notify the next of kin of some poor unarmed victim.