Illinois CCW passes house

Discussion in 'Concealed Carrying & Personal Protection' started by Paladin63, May 27, 2013.

1. Paladin63

Paladin63 New Member

Now that SB2193 passed with a super (veto proof) majority. Has anyone read the full text. I had heard that current FOID holders will be allowed to carry for up to 180 days using their FOID as a temporary CCW. I did not see any such exception in the bill or amendments. It was a long read so perhaps I missed it. Anyway has anyone read the bill and can tell me what section addresses that?

2. 25-5

25-5 New Member

Paladin, where do you roam? Most of us know it must be passed completely before you read it. A lot can change.

3. Paladin63

Paladin63 New Member

Yes I understand this is the senate bill and the house must pass an identical bill then be signed by Quinn. Call me an optimist. Though Quinn promises defeating the bill there are already enough votes in the senate to overturn any veto. But being the optimist I believe they would prefer to have a formal law in place than no law or controls at all. Come June 9th it will either be this bill in host with minor tweaks or nothing. If nothing then it will be court or constitutional carry ( however you wish to refer to it).

So I read the bill and amendments to see what we are facing and also to try and dis-spell some of the rumors and conjecture.

4. purehavoc

purehavoc New Member

I just dont think the bill will pass , it will free all Chicagoans of the AR and capacity ban and your great members up there arent going to let that happen.Personally its a sh!tty bill thats to restrictive anyway

5. AR10

AR10 New Member

I have not followed closely this issue, but Obama having this as his home state, (away from home, Kenya) tells me no Concealed Handgun Permit is ever going too see anywhere near Chicago till Obama goes back to where he comes from. .

6. purehavoc

purehavoc New Member

I truly think they are just going to delay this so it can be constitutional carry and larger cities over 28,000 population can have their own home rules. You know what that means for Chicago . Sorry ladies and gents your out :(

7. ScottA

ScottA FAA licensed bugsmasher Lifetime Supporter

It's starting to look that way. We may be ok here on the border lands, but Cook County is going to get screwed.

8. purehavoc

purehavoc New Member

Amen to that brother , I was hoping all our fellow gun owners out there the best of luck and being able to get a CCW license but its not looking good for them . Wish all of you in Cook Co. lots of luck

9. bargeahead

bargeahead New Member