Illinois CCW Pamphlet

Discussion in 'Legal and Activism' started by PrimePorkchop, Dec 11, 2013.

1. PrimePorkchop

PrimePorkchop New Member

Just wanted to share for any of you out there that are in/from Illinois.

I made this up to distribute among Illinois business owners in hopes to convince them that Concealed Carry is more than a good thing.

I know it's simple...but hey... it's free =)

http://illinoisgunownersrights.org/merchandise/free-ccw-pamphlet

Any feedback would be most appreciated.

2. kfox75

kfox75 Well-Known Member Supporter

I'm not rom IL., but i did download the pamphlet. I will hand a couple out to some of the local businesses around here that wish to refuse our 2A rights. Good information. thanks for posting.

3. 7point62

7point62 Lifetime Supporting Member Lifetime Supporter

Anytime you can inject facts and common sense into the sheeple's heads it is a good thing. The anti-gun crowd and their media lapdogs have flooded the issue for years with hysterical misinformation and outright lies.

4. therewolf

therewolf New Member

Can't resist-

What type of advice does it offer?

"DON'T shoot the stupid people, we need them to get

our politicians elected to office...":D

5. nitestalker

nitestalker New Member

When does the concealed carry law take effect in Illinois? I see many stories on preparation for the change. This is a big victory for gun owners regardless of where you live. ;)

6. GTX63

GTX63 New Member

The law was passed earlier this summer. When will it take effect? Once training has been completed, application for CCW has been submitted and processed. Likely sometime in spring 2014.

7. PSYCHOFREAK3

PSYCHOFREAK3 New Member

I believe it's January 5th when the applications become available and you can submit them. But the ISP has 90 days to get the permit to you, 120 if you don't have fingerprints submitted.

8. Balota

Balota ... but I used to play keyboards.

Illinois has done its usual masterful job of continuing to throw roadblocks in the way of becoming an armed citizen in public. They had 180 days to pass the law, they ran that up to almost the end, then got some extension. Then the law they passed gave themselves another 180 days for the State Police to create a permitting process. Once they do that, they'll wait as long as they can to read your written request for an application form. Then they'll give themselves another few months to mail you an application. Which they will be able to find fault with when you send it back in. I wonder how long it will be before someone actually gets an Illinois permit.

OK, rant off.

By the way, I tried to download the pamphlet. You should consider putting both sides into a single PDF. The front side downloaded fine, but the back side creates an empty .ZIP file and then creates another file by the same name with the extension .PART added. Last try said it couldn't read the file from the server. Just a thought. I'll try again later.

9. boatme98

boatme98 New Member

Prime, that is without a doubt, the best handout I have seen concerning concealed carry.
    Simple facts with references, no antagonistic language, no threats of boycotts.
    Every state 2nd A organisation should take note.

While I do personally boycott companies that I know have anti 2nd A policies, I'm intelligent enough to realize that they don't care.
    Any national/international corporation is not going to change policy simply because 1000 or even 5000 people in any individual state refuse to patronize their business. These kind of numbers do not matter to them.

IGORs (gotta love that name) on the right track, I think. Wether anyone takes heed and educates themselves and their business remains to be seen.

Thanks, and keep up the fight.

10. PrimePorkchop

PrimePorkchop New Member

Wow :eek:

Thank you for the kind words =)

Balota - I'm sorry about the downloading problems, and you had a great idea, I should combine them into one...Can't believe I didn't think of it myself =)

11. 4sig

4sig New Member

A copy of this should be sent to every person in congress in Washington DC and every anti gun mayor and governor. Great piece of work

12. AR10

AR10 New Member

Any guess how many instructors are certified to teach this already? Round numbers, 2,000, last time I checked. About 10 new instructors added each day.

13. Balota

Balota ... but I used to play keyboards.

Finally did get the back side page. Great work as usual, Prime.

If you do put both in one PDF, then all you need to do to make the pamphlet is print 2-sided. Any print/copy shop like FedEx/Kinko's can do that easily. Print one pamphlet that way. Then make lots of 2-sided color copies. It's a lot cheaper to copy 2-sided than to print 2-sided.

14. WillWork4Ammo

WillWork4Ammo New Member

Will it at least be easier to get permit than California?
    D.C. should also let citizens get permits.

15. wittmeba

wittmeba New Member

D.C. has it just how they want it. They allow guns ONLY to those who are protecting the Dumb Azzes that are making the rules. They KNOW guns can protect...they will just make sure they are all on their side.

Last edited: Dec 13, 2013